Thursday, March 11, 2021

I'm All Vaccinated

March 11, 2021

Good morning.  It's been an interesting morning so far.  My internet and email have been all messed up and raising all kinds of havoc on my laptop.  I've had to call the cable company, who shut down and reset my wifi.  It appears to be working so far, with not too many problems.  It only took me four tries to have access to my blog since the problem has been fixed.

I finally got access to my email too.  I think I'll see if Mr. Dave can give my laptop a check up tomorrow or at least by the first of next week.  

Yesterday, I got my second vaccine shot.  I had a morning appointment (that's why I did not post yesterday).  We got to the place where the shots are given, and their wasn't a lot of traffic.  We were able to go right along to the vaccine tent.  And what a lovely surprise awaited us there!  No lady nurses today.  Just lots of handsome firemen.  Woo Hoo!  Here is just one of them.

This handsome young fireman was nice enough to let me take his photo.  All the folks there were really nice.  As for my vaccine shot, I'm still feeling okay.  No lumps or bumps on my arm, no sickness or headaches, just my normal self.  

On the way home, Deanne found us a donut place that still sold lemon filled donuts.  My favorite!  We stopped and bought me a couple to take home (and two glazed donuts too).  I haven't had a donut in over a year.  Last night, I had one of each donut for supper.  After a late lunch I wasn't very hungry.  Oh my, yum yum!  These donuts were soooo delicious!

Folks, I guess this is one of the perks of getting old.  You can make anytime your meal time, and anything can be the meal.  It's just like naps.  Anytime your eyelids feel like closing for a while, it's automatically naptime.  

I was asked to show a picture of my new dresses from Women Within.  This is the sundress.  I don't usually buy sleeveless things but it will feel good when the temps start getting wicked high.  I got the color shown, and the middle one on the side (black and pink).  It will be much longer on me because it doesn't come in Petite.

The long lounger dress comes in two lengths.  The long dress and the short dress.  I buy the short dress and it fits me like the long dress in the picture.  I'm only five feet tall.  I ordered the "Black Blossoms" (top left, second color in)  

These dresses are very comfortable.  I'll get me one or two more of this second dress and I'll be all set for quite a while.  Maybe I'll get the purple one pictured and one of the light blues.  The only downfall is that the dresses won't make me look long and slender like the models shown.  I'll still be short and chubby, but I'll be comfortable and cool..  

Temps are supposed to hit the low sixties today.  I'm going to order submarine sandwiches and Deanne and I are going to the park and watch the water birds while we eat.  I'll take my camera with me and hope to get some nice photos.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading before I start getting ready for this awesome new day.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Congratulations to you for having been all vaccinated! And I bet it was nice to see those young firemen at the vaccination post.
Sorry to here however about your laptop trouble, hopefully the reset of the cable company helped and all hopes are on yout Mr Dave, of course.

Yummie, those donuts sound to be delicious and a real treat after a year. I like those dresses for you, they look really comfy and easy to wear and who cares about looking more or less slender. Most important is you feel wonderful in those dresses , the most when n it becomes really warm,and the prints are beautiful.

Have a fantastic day tomorrow with Deanne in the parc, (but still stay safe with mask etc).
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

HI Edna, You just had two of my favorite kinds of donuts. I absolutely love lemon powdered bismarcks and I would never turn down a glazed donut. I haven't had either of those two types of donuts for a few years and now you have me craving them. ha! It's so good to hear that you had your 2nd vaccine shot and are feeling fine. Sixty degrees and submarine sandwiches? Yum! You sure know how to live right. That purple sundress is so cute and I'm sure it'll keep you cool when the hot and humid weather arrives this summer.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Happy to read you are fully-vaccinated now, and hope there are no sore arms tomorrow.
I'm right behind you in phase 1c.
Lemon doughnut....ooh my !
I love your dress/lounger choices, they look so comfortable and very pretty.
Hugs,
~Jo