Friday, March 12, 2021

A Fantastic Day At The Park

March 12, 2021

Good morning.  Today is really lovely.  A little cooler than yesterday, but still a nice day.  Yesterday was such an awesome Spring like day.  The park was full of folks just enjoying the weather.  There were families there feeding the water birds, other folks just sitting in the sun and enjoying the view.  Lots of folks were sitting in parked cars with  the windows down taking in the fresh air, and lots of other folks were walking their doggies.

Deanne and I ate our lunch while we watched all the beautiful water birds.  And yes, I brought my camera.  However, I did not get out of the car.  The windows were down and I took photos through the open window.  There was a group of something way over on the other side of the pond, so I used my zoom lens to see what it was.  

Surprise, surprise, it was two swans among a group of geese and ducks.  What a beautiful photo I got!  

There was one Muscovey duck in the pond, and what a beautiful bird it is!  Deanne walked over closer to the water to get this photo for me.  


When it was time to leave, we stopped to take photos of a couple of the waterfalls.  This was the first one that we came to.  It is so soothing to watch and listen to the running water.


For supper last night, I enjoyed a boiled dinner that Deanne had made for me, and I ate my last lemon donut for dessert.  It doesn't get better than that!  Of course, I know that I can't be eating these delicious donuts all the time (or I'll look like one) but every now and then a person really must treat his or herself  to a donut or two.

Today I have a couple calls to make, and I need to add up my tax columns.  I know, I know.  I'm a procrastinator.  But one of my calls is to make an appointment to drop off this stuff to the accountant, so I  really must stick to it and get things done.  After that, I can breathe easier.  

Amazon is collecting clean towels, blankets, sheets and dry/canned dog and cat food for the Animal Protection Center of Southeastern MA.  I'll be putting together a bag for Deanne to take to work.  

Now I'm wanting to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.  

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Lovely photos and how wonderful it must have felt to breath in some fresh air and look around in the parc, seeing folks walking etc.
Fantastic that deanne brought ou a meal, so had just ot eat it and enjoy the last donut. Look forward to have one or two in a few weeks time again, or just dream about it hahahaha!

It wasn;t nic weather here yesterday(in the morning real stormy weather) and this afternoon when I went out for a few groceries, it was quite windy still nd raining. It will be like that for a couple of days more then it will be better, with less wind and may be some sun again.
I bought today for my sinner a smoked mackerel(ou know Jan and I like fosh and fishy stuff), will have that on a bread roll with a bit of pepper and it will be yummie. Jan has something else to eat he likes even better.

Hope your call to the accountant went well, just a little bit and it all will be dropped off and done with, isn't that a fantastic prospect???

Have a great day,
Hugs
Kyra

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

You got a lovely photo of the swans and geese. We're still very restricted as to where we can go in the UK and I've sort of lost momentum with blogging for the moment!

Steve Reed said...

Beautiful bird shots! I wish I was there to contribute some linens to the drive for the animal shelter. We have a bunch of old towels and blankets that I need to get rid of. (I've been thinking of taking them to a local shelter -- just haven't done it yet, with our lockdown and all.)

Kathy said...

So glad you got a chance to get out. And what beautiful photos you got. I love the one with the swans. Everyone deserves a donut now and then. Glad you enjoyed yours.

Theresa said...

Oh that swan picture looks like they are making a heart! BEAUTIFUL! The park sounds like a really nice place to be. The weather here is gorgeous too and I hope to get out and enjoy it later today. Thank you for sharing all of this beauty with us! Enjoy your Sunday, HUGS!

Anne Robinson said...

Lovely photos from the park. Love it!