Tuesday, March 9, 2021

It's Time To Call Mr. Dave

March 9, 2021

Good morning.  The sun will be in and out today, hopefully with temps reaching fifty degrees.  There have been changes on my weather app, so our Wednesday picnic in the park will be on Thursday.  That seems to be the best day of the week.  Starting Saturday, temps will be dropping again.  Spring is trying to get here!

I'm going to have to call the computer store again and have them check my laptop.  It's getting so slow that it's annoying to have to do anything on it.  The technician there (we'll call him Mr. Dave) will be able to check it over and fix things with a hook-up link that is installed on both of our laptops.  For me, it's a great deal.

The U.S. Mail seems to be working much better lately.  The package that Deanne mailed for me last Friday reached its destination yesterday, right on time.  This is a hopeful sign but I think all holiday packages will probably need to be mailed out at least a month early next Winter.  Just to be on the safe side.  Of course, this means that buying/making, and wrapping and packing needs to be done that much earlier too.  Aye yi yi!

Here's a new word for you.  AntiDepressants.  And let me tell you, this really works great when you're feeling down and need a pick me up!!  (image borrowed from web)

You know, I found another image on the web that tells a very important message.  Folks need to learn to slow down long enough to let others use the same roads that we're using.  We all live on this earth so let's try to be thoughtful of others.  


Well, I did more work on my tax stuff.  I think I'm just about ready to total up my columns and make an appointment to drop everything off to the accountant.  Plus, the dresses that I had ordered arrived yesterday.  Today I'll try them on to make sure they fit.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Two of them are sundresses and one is a maxi dress.  I'd like to order at least one more maxi dress.  They are so comfortable and easy to wear.

Last evening, I put a couple more rows on my doggie ghan.  I'm thinking that it's about half done.  Now it's time to get rid of a couple more stacks of junk mail.  You know, if I had a fire pit outside, I'd just burn most of this stuff.  Hmmm, a little thought seed for my mind to think about.

Here's something else I found on the web, and thought I should share with you.   I've never heard of these things but I'll surely be on the lookout for them.


Now I'm off to read some blogs before getting started on this new day.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

If your dresses fit well, you will have to show them o the blog!
wonderful to hear your tax stuff is almost done and away with.
And it's nice you have Mr. Dave who can fix things on your laptop on long distance connection.
Hopefully he has soon time for you and can do a magical trick!
Nice to know, the package arrivd in time this time. But perhaps you are right that we should send the Christmasboxes real soon, so indeed, less time to do shopping for it, oh my, help!

Gosh, a firepit isnt a bad idea to get rid of all the junkmail. That way you dont have to remove all adress stickers etc.

We will have two days with real stormy weather they say. Hmmm, not to my liking, but temperatures are not bad they will creep up to around 8-10C. Our tulips liike it, they grow like wild.

Wishing you a fantastic day,
Hugs
Kyra

Buttercup said...

We've got spring outside -- Hurray! -- and I'm off to drop two bags at the Salvation Army. After that I'm going to keep walking until I get tired. It may be two blocks and it may be two miles, but I'm going to enjoy the sixty degree weather. Hope you enjoy your day, too.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I love reading your post. We are suppose to get a huge snowstorm up to 40 inches! Counting the hours if it is tomorrow or Thursday. I love all the shares you have. You are very blessed. I have laptop woes too. I get a screen that looks like a giant UPC code and then it gets wavy and goes back to normal. I think I Need a new laptop. ALways crazy stuff going on. HOw are you since your shot? My friend Bea had her first one and it really bothered her, The second one she took Tyukenol before and massaged the sore arm. SHe also had the shot given in the opposite arm.She convinced her brother in California to get it. SHe is a good older sister. :-)
Take care and enjoy the beautiful weather when you can. HUGS

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I sure hope your dresses fit so that you don't need to send them back! We are still going to have nice weather this entire week (mid-forties), although rain is scheduled for tomorrow. My dog was so happy to have me take him on a walk today:)

Rob said...

Computers are much improved these days but from time to time most of us need the help of a Mr Dave. For the past few years I've been getting cheap second hand ones off Ebay and then if something goes wrong that I can't fix I get rid and get another one. Anyway I hope you get your sorted out soon.

Steve Reed said...

Olga is definitely my antidepressant!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Our computers are such a huge part of our lives, when they fail, we are lost 😁
I love maxi dresses, it's like wearing your nightdress all day long !
Glad that your mail is getting better, it can be so worrying when a parcel doesn't show up.
Stay well dear Edna.
Hugs,
Jo