Sunday, March 28, 2021

Remember Hop Scotch?

March 28, 2021

Good morning.  Gosh, have you noticed?  We're running out of this month already.  Time is flying!  Today's temps will get into the mid fifties with rain.  Tis another great day for crocheting.

Speaking of crocheting,  Deanne mailed my box of lapghans yesterday.  We still have a lot of cool weather ahead so I'm hoping that my cousins will enjoy these lapghans.  I've been busy finishing the pockets for the pocket wraps that I made.  All the pockets are made and now just have to be sewn on to the wraps.  

I think I've decided on a light yellow for a baby blanket.  Or maybe the Aran.  I like that color too.  Hmmm, such big decisions!  I'll be needing to make a couple more afghans too.  My stash of them is running out.  They make great gifts.  

Today I've dug out a photo from back in the seventies.  This was a gift from my children.  They all went to the mall together to shop and found this beautiful candle.  I still have it and today it sits on top of my doll cabinet.

They've just played one of my favorite ads on TV.  A little girl is sitting on her front steps.  Just watching people walk by on the sidewalk.  So she goes to the sidewalk and draws a hop scotch gameboard, then goes back to sitting on her steps.  Now when folks walked by, they hop scotched across the game on the sidewalk and then waved to the little girl.  Do you remember playing hop scotch?  Oh my, what fun memories!

Now I'm off to wash the dishes in the sink and then settle down to some crocheting.  First, let me share this image with you.  Please remember, when you cut down your trees, you're not just cutting down trees.  You are destroying our ecosystem and a lot of very important homes.  Where are all our birds and animals supposed to live now?

So, till next time, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

What a lovely candle that is. Looks like a fabulous fantasy castle. and it would be a pity to burn the candle.

Soft yellow for a baby blanket is beautiful, it's such a hopeful and happy color.

Brrrr, 50F isn't great, just about like it was here today, with a strong wind, so better sit inside. Tomorrow it is to be much better, I hope so, love to sit for a moment in the sun.
But tomorrow also a laundry needs to be done and may be change the bedsheets. We'll see what comes.

Have a lovely day,
sending a big hug.
Kyra

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, Yes I do remember playing hopscotch. It was a lot of fun:) I love your candle. There used to be a candle booth at our State Fair that sold all kinds of candles like that and many other types of candles such as wizards, cute little girl candles, etc. I did end up buying at least once that I still have today. You know, I couldn't tell you if they are still selling candles. I'll have to check this year at our State Fair. Oh boy, now I can hardly wait. Our State Fair was canceled last year due to Covid.

Theresa said...

I know that ad and I do remember hop-scotch:) FUN/SIMPLE fun, we need more of that these days. Enjoy your day dear friend, the sun is shining and I am thankful for good weather (minus the pollen of course which we have LOTS of).

My Tata's Cottage said...

I am still hopping around popping in. Oh that commercial is precious. Hop Scotch was so much fun., jumping rope and teether ball. Such fun in the youthful days of childhood. HUGS