Friday, December 17, 2021

Tossin' And Turnin'

December 17, 2021

Good morning.   The sun is shining, and according to my phone app, the temperature is 55F degrees.  However, the cold temps are on their way back and they're bringing rain and snow.  Yucky!  I realize that a white Christmas is beautiful, but I'm just not a fan of the snow and rain.

Last night was not a good night for sleeping.  Toss, turn, snooze a bit, then do it all over again.  All night.  I did not make much of a dent in my wrapping yesterday, so this weekend I need to get it all finished.  My motto this year is "Whatever gets done, gets done."

Do you ever watch the Colonial Penn Insurance ad on TV and wonder if maybe you should call and get some of that $9.95 a month coverage?  Well, before you call the phone number on the screen, do some research.  The ad is aimed at older adults.  And there's a lot they don't tell you on the ad.  I looked it up on Google and here is what I found.   (copied from Google)


Now that $9.95 a month doesn't look so attractive, does it?  Don't be taken in by the smooth talking commercials.  Always do some research before paying out your hard earned money.  

I don't have a lot of news today so I thought I'd share this information about Vicks VapoRub.  It's really quite a handy product to keep in the house.  I'll have to admit, even I learned something new about it.

Now I'm going to do a bit of blog reading and then get started on my wrapping.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

A white Christmas looks beautiful, but I am not really a fan of it, just like you.
Hopeless, those nights of turning in your bed, not getting a real sleep, best is sometimes to just get up, take a cup of tea or warm milk, may be even something small to eat and watch a bit of tv. Then after an hour or so try it again, and often you will get still some sleep.It often helps with me.
Ads talking about how small a contribution is and you get so much moe for it are always tricky, and yes, always inform yourself first well.
You will get all wrapping done in time, I have confidence in you!
Have a wonderful day and till SUnday.
Hugs
Kyra

Kathy said...

I am so with you on what gets done gets done. I am just not in the Christmas mood this year at all. I feel so overwhelmed by things. I knew most of the things about Vicks but not all of them. Very interesting! Have fun with your wrapping.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I think I still have an old jar of Vicks! lol Enjoy your day sweet lady! holiday hugs!

Steve Reed said...

Fortunately, life insurance is just about the last thing I need!

Theresa said...

I hope you got lots done today. I have been wrapping all day. The weather is rainy and it seemed like a good day to stay in. Thanks for the tip on the insurance. Enjoy your evening and hope you get a good night’s sleep 😴

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your attitude about whatever gets done, gets done is a good one Edna as the holidays can be overwhelming and for no good reason. That said, take it easy and do ‘t worry about the small stuff like gift wrapping. Thanks for all the info on uses for Vicks. It was quite enlightening and hope I remember a few.