Tuesday, December 14, 2021

The Perfect Christmas Card!

December 14, 2021

Good morning.  Today I have a chill.  It's 46F degrees outside, but to these old bones it feels a lot colder.  I slept patchy through the night, and then fell deep asleep early this morning.  I guess this is going to be a "nappy" sort of day.  

I just checked my email, and got a bit of wonderful news.  The mystery gift has found a happy home.  This makes me feel really good.  Now I can tell you what it was.  It was a pocket wrap in a pretty "Nutmeg" color.  Enjoy it, Sue, and Merry Christmas.

Sip, sip, mmm, mmm.  Excuse me, but I'm enjoying my coffee.  I just took a short break to make myself a cup of "wake up" tonic.   Gosh, I have so much to do, and my zip has just gone on vacation without me.  About all I've accomplished since yesterday is to order the yarn for my next afghan.  Ah well, it is what it is!  

Have any of the Santa Claus "helpers" come to your neighborhood lately?  If they have, don't forget to take your fur baby to see him.  You know, they have hopes and dreams too.  And so don't all the fur kids without homes.  If you're looking for a best friend, now is a great time to adopt.  You'll make a dream come true.


The mailman just came and I just have to share a Christmas card that I just got.  It's perfect for me!


On that happy note, I think I'm just going to get busy here and try to accomplish something today.   So, till Thursday,  Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Some days we just cannot get warm enough. best is to creep under a fuzzy blanket and let the day go by, while may be watching some tv hahaha.
You have accomplished already a lot, so I think you are entitled to have a nappy day.
I had a few things to do today, I did them late morning, early afternoon, but the rest of the day I just didn't feel doing anything anymore. Tomorrow is another day.
Lovely and so sweet Christmascard you received.
Take care, have a lovely day and keep warm!
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Wrapping up and napping may just be the ticket...as we say! Love your pretty card and the present you made is beautiful. holiday hugs!

Suemn said...

Edna, I can't tell you how nice and warm your pocket wrap is keeping me:) I was out of town today until an hour ago and now that I am at home, I put your pocket wrap on to warm up. I love it and hope to send you a picture tomorrow via email of me wearing it. What a lovely Christmas gift. Thank you again!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You are not the only one who is running out of steam because I know what you mean, Edna. Since we will be on a pre-Christmas family visit road trip starting this week and going until after Christmas, I have had to rush to get things done, like writing cards and gift wrapping. But, all will be done and then I can relax from after Christmas on. I know you will feel the same, my friend.

Steve Reed said...

That is a perfect card for you! Take care and get warm!

Anne M Robinson said...

Sweet Christmas card. There re so many unique ones. I sure love them all. Stay warm. I have lived on hot tea. It wrms better and I have caf and decaf too. Herbal is my favorite though as the day wears on.

Yes,these achy bones hate the cold. Brrrr.......


Have a wonderful weekend .

HUGS