Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Any Thoughts About Windows 11?

December 21, 2021

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the temperature is 35F degrees.  There's only eighty nine more days till Spring.

Today I hope to finish my wrapping.  I know I said this yesterday, but somehow I got side-tracked.  (What else is new?)  So far, I'm getting a late start this morning.  When I first turned on my laptop, there was a large notice on my screen.  Switch to Windows 11, or refuse the offer.  

This left me quite bewildered.  I don't know if I want this or not.  I wanted the option of being able to think about it, but it was not offered.  Not knowing what to expect if I accepted, I refused the offer.  I imagine one of these days I'll have to accept it.  Do any of you have any thoughts about this?

This year, Christmas is going to be very simple.  My only decorations are my tree and a little tree on my front door.  I will chat with my family and a few friends, then I'll settle in with my crocheting and something interesting on TV till Santa Claus gets here.  Here's a beautiful image that I borrowed from the web.

I came across an interesting article on the web.  For those of you who enjoy knitting and/or crocheting, here's an idea for next year.  There's a group called Operation Gratitude.  It's asking folks to make scarves and hats for deployed U.S. Service Members.  This sounds like an awesome idea.



Now I'm going to make a hot cup of coffee and enjoy a bit of blog reading before getting started on this new day.  So, till Thursday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Wonderful idea to give the hats to the troops, I'm sure they are welcomed.
No Windows 11 here yet, I'm sorry but can't help with any questions.
Good luck finishing your wrapping, you'll have a long, dark night to accompany you.
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year dear friend.
Hugs,
~Jo

smiekeltje said...

I have no idea of Windows 11. I really should inform myself, but I would never simply accept an offer from Windows just like that. For now I am happy with the Windows 10.
Beautiful idea for knitters and chrocheters. I would do too but ship to America is expensive so I cannot help there for now.
A simple Chirstmas can be as beautiful as an extravagant one(no, correction, probably would be more beautiful than a posh one.)
I received you Christmas card today. Thanks so much.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sorry, Edna, but I can't be of any help with Window questions as we have Apple products in our household, and even those updates can be confounding at times. If I knew how to crochet or knit, the hats for military personnel would be on my list, as it's a wonderful gesture any time of year. You might want to do some online research about Windows 11 before going ahead with ny update. Sending best wishes to you for a very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2022, my blogger friend.

Steve Reed said...

Like Beatrice, I'm an Apple user, so I'm not sure how best to handle the Windows thing. Are you sure the offer is coming from Windows and isn't some kind of scam or virus? You could go to Microsoft's web site and double check, maybe?

Annsterw said...

Love the simple Christmas picture. Happy Holidays to you Miss Edna.

Theresa said...

I opened my computer to that same message. I just couldn't do it yet:) SO... hopefully we will get more info. I hope you got your gifts wrapped and that you are enjoying a nice morning. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Rob said...

I don't know much about Windows 11 but I guess if you plan on sticking with Windows in to the future we will have to change to it eventually which annoys me a little because I'm usually quite happy with the version I'm using.

My Tata's Cottage said...

My husband told me to decline Windows 11. He works at a major law firm. It has been nothing but trouble there But than again everything Gates does is nothing but trouble and so many believe he is some demi god. I will never understand it.
I am waiitng for Baby girl Ella's gift. Part of it arrived and than the outfit I was going to give her for hier first birthday was returned to Kohls. No explanation but thank goodness they credited my account. I ran out of paper and my friendly amazon delivery people will bring that to me so I can wrap a few more odds and end for CHristmas and Ella's gifts in birthday paper. Stores do not interest me this time of year. No parking, rude people everywhere. I will take my amazon delivery folks any day. Plus they deliver my groceries F R E E !
I have not been posting and need to put up a CHRISTmas post. I was going to bake but got sidetracked with other to do things.
Stay safe and warm and enjoy the holiday. It will be here and gone before we blink.
HUGS to you