Friday, December 24, 2021

Santa Claus Comes Tonight

December 24, 2021

Good morning.  Tis cold and it's snowing outside.  As long as it's only a dusting, I can live with it.  The temperature is 23F degrees.  That part I'd rather not have to live with.  I just don't like the cold!

Today is a busy day for everyone.  Folks are rushing to get packages wrapped, and some are even doing last minute shopping.  The viruses aren't going anywhere, so I think next year we should start our shopping and wrapping early.  Like maybe getting the wrapping done in October, and packages in the mail before November.  

This year, the package that I sent overseas in late November has still not arrived at its destination.  The Post Office and I have only been able to track the package as far as New York.  I wonder if the Post Office is going to offer a refund of the money that it cost to send the package.  I think I'll call them again and ask.

Today I will put together the Santa gifts that go under the tree for the dwarfs.  Late tonight, I'll take them out and put them beneath the Christmas tree.

There won't be a post tomorrow.  Everyone will be busy with friends and family enjoying their Christmas Day.  I'm wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas.


Now I'm off to enjoy some blog reading.  Y'all have a fantabulous day and I'll see you on Sunday.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

All is more or less ready for Christmas. We will have a quiet evening, with some nice tv.
Hope the snow will not be more in your area.
Have a fabulous Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and have fun with your family online!
Take care.
Hug
Kyra

Buttercup said...

Pep and send our best wishes for a very merry Christmas. My package that circled Kansas City finally got delivered, but I don't think the post office is sending me back my extra postage for priority delivery. And that I pray is my worst for now and the months to come. Take care!

Rita said...

Merry Christmas!! :) :)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

No snow here in the south Ms. Edna, so warm it doesn't feel like Christmas.
Wishing you and yours the merriest of Christmases and a Happy New Year !
Hugs,
~Jo

Steve Reed said...

It's very strange they can't track the package beyond New York. Could it still be there, in a corner of some warehouse?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sending you my best wishes for a very Merry Christmas, Edna, and hope that you enjoy a wonderful celebration. Sorry that the gift to your friend has gone astray, hopefully only a temporary delay.

Anne M Robinson said...

A beautiful post! Thank you! THe USPS is something else! we sent Jake and Hannah a package via UPS and it was there in two days in the middle of this month! I lost a pakcage they delivered to a wrong address worth over $100 never received even a sorry we lost it. We use UPS or Fed Ex when we can.
Take care. I hope Santa was good to you.

HUGS and PRAYERS