Thursday, December 23, 2021

A Christmas Tree Made Of Dunuts

December 23, 2021

Good morning.  Only two more days till Christmas, and only one more week left in this year.  I can't believe how quickly it has passed.   

Well, I did manage to get all my wrapping done.  My only regret is that the package that I sent to my friend overseas has not arrived yet.  I keep checking the tracking app, but that doesn't seem to be working.  I'll call the Post Office this morning to see if they can track the package.

You know what is sad?  I have the TV on and they don't say Merry Christmas.  They say Happy Holidays.  That's a shame.  It's been Merry Christmas for forever and now, because of a few thoughtless people, it has to be changed to Happy Holidays.  Well, not in my house!  It's Merry Christmas to you from me.

Today I have a grocery order coming.  Maybe the last one for this year.  Later today, maybe I'll try to put the last few rows on the pink afghan.  I think there's only about eight more rows to go on it.  I could possibly get started on the next afghan by this weekend.  

I'm watching the cartoon program and I love all the old Christmas cartoons.  Tomorrow they are going to show a Christmas tree made out of donuts.  Really?  I love donuts.  I think on my donut tree, I'd like to have lemon filled and apple filled donuts.  Yum Yum!

On the serious side of things, folks it's cold out.  Bring your animals indoors.  If you can, make a shelter for the homeless animals.  It doesn't take much.  Just some place where they can get out of the cold and wet weather.  Remember, it's Christmas for the animals too.

If anyone is looking for a new best friend, call your local rescues and shelters.  They are full of best friends.  After the holidays, I think I'll try again to find me a new fur baby.

Now I'm going to make a hot cup of coffee and enjoy some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

You see, you did get all the wrapping in time, I said so!!!! LOL.
Yes, pity they changed the wish in Happy Holidays, I think Merry Christmas is sounding sooo good and why do you have to change those things
I hope my package to you will still arrive in time. We have still tomorrow, so let us cross fingers on both sides of the ocean okay??
For stray animals there isn't much needed, just a box or some blankets in a bit sheltered corner outside already is wonderful for them.
I really hope you will be able to find a new fur baby without too much trouble. Let's mae it the wish for your Christmas!
Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

I'm afraid if I tried making a donut Christmas tree, it would be bare because I'd be eating all those little donuts. ha! My favorite is the powdered sugar lemon bismarks. Merry Christmas Edna!

Steve Reed said...

Good luck on your quest for a new "fur baby." You're a dog's dream owner, and I'm sure you'd make one very happy!

Rob said...

The animals that you give a nice warm home to really will be your very best friend, I can vouch for that. This happy holiday rubbish comes from a very small minority but unfortunately they also have the biggest mouths, to put it politely. Well shame on them I say, it's Christmas and if you don't like the sound of that then you shouldn't even be having a holiday, happy or otherwise so go and get some work done and stop trying to change everything. Is what I say.