Monday, December 27, 2021

Only Four Days Left In This Year

December 27, 2021

Good morning.  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  I did.  Mine was quiet, but nice.  We still have two packages travelling internationally.  I guess, eventually, they may make it to their destinations.  

I really missed my little Pogo.  We did everything together.  This made it extra quiet here.  I really must start looking seriously to get another little dog soon.  

Every now and then I pick up the pink crib blanket and put a row on.  I think I'll get busy and finish it.  There are only ten more rows to go.  After that, I'll finish the pink afghan.  That will finish the last of my 2021 projects.  Then it's time to start some new ones.  

It's now a little after four a.m.  I've been awake most of the night, but now I'm beginning to get tired.  I'm looking forward to snuggling beneath my blanket and falling asleep.  

Today, Deanne will be stopping by after work.  I can't let her in to visit because she tested positive a couple days ago.  This is just not fun!  We'll say hello through the glass door.  There are only four more days left in this year.  I'm just hoping that the new year will be better for all of us.  

I found this image online and thought that it is a perfect way to start each day.  

Now I'm off to dreamland.  Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Well, I suppose you reeived my mail already. Now just hoping yours will arrive to your door.
Oh dear, looks as if you didn;t get much sleep this night, so I hope you had some after you finished your post here.
Take care, and yes, try to get another fur baby, I knew you would miss Pogo, of course.
Have a wonderful day, and if needed, take a nap later today also.
Hug
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Oh no! Sorry about Deanne's positive test! I guess she must not feel too bad if she's stopping by to see you. Don't open that door!

I was awake at 4:30 a.m. this morning too! Isn't that weird? Of course 4:30 here is only 11:30 p.m. where you are, so we weren't quite on the same wavelength. :)

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, Sorry to hear that Deanne's tested positive for Covid. My brother tested positive too but no symptoms. My sister's son who is in his early 30s has been very sick for at least a week and a half with covid. I remember your little Pogo and I can understand you missing him.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh I will pray for Deanne. My friends son has it too. He says it is not awful, like acold with the flu. GRateful he is doing so well. i think of Pogo often and look at the little calndar with his photos. I knew it was the right thing to make sure you had a calendar to remind you of all the fun you two had together. Getting into mischief (heehee). I loved your stories of his stubbornness regarding dinner. He was a cutie and had your heart on his.
I hope your week goes well and you enjoyed the CHristmas season. t wa sone of the best we have had in years. Just wonderful will most all of our kids here. Missing Hannah and Jake and Franklin too.
Take care, stay warm and safe and healthy. We have been fighting head colds and poor Nick, I am afraid he may lose that new job but he has such a wicked cough. He is getting soemwhat better but doc gave him an antibiotic he can start tomorrow. The pharmacy is so slow as they got rid of 90% of their help. I feel like everyone is seeing this everywhere. Very sad times coming.
But I am going to find a word for 2022 as 2021 had too much loss for me. Life is good, we can not complain, grateful to be upright.
Happy New Year although I will return soon. HUGS and PRAYERS