Friday, December 3, 2021

Strange Weather

December 3, 2021

Good morning.  Tis sunny, windy and 40F degrees.  During the night, we had some strange weather.  It was dark and quiet, and then all of a sudden the rain came pouring down.  This was followed by a large burst of lightning and then a very loud BOOM!  Thunder.  Within a few minutes, it was all gone.  Strange.  Very strange.

Today's post will be short.  In a little while I need to be getting ready for my doctor appointment.  I hope this is the last one for at least a few months.  I think two visits a year should be enough.

Ever notice how hard it is to change old habits?  I found this picture of the "original seat belt."  You know, I still do this sometimes when I'm driving.  I'll bet some of you do too.


 You know, I was thinking about that piece of mail that keeps coming back to me.  What if I were to peel the address label off an envelope sent to me by the intended recipient, and tape it to the front of a new envelope.  I wonder if it would get delivered.  Hmmm.

I'm watching Perry Mason on TV.  You know, some of the acting on these old programs is so noticeable.  But I suppose that's part of the enjoyment of watching these re-runs.

Now I need to get busy and have breakfast, and then start getting ready for my appointment.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I had a friend who used to do that to me while he was driving. It made me crazy. I was wearing a shoulder belt, for Pete's sake!

Rita said...

Honestly--I would try that with the return address label and see if it gets to your friend. The post office can be just crazy lately!

My mom didn't do the seat belt arm thing because she made us sit in the back seat--LOL!

Suemn said...

Good luck with your Doctor appointment Edna! We had one snowfall earlier in November and expect snow this weekend.

smiekeltje said...

It is worth a try with the address label off the letter of your friend.
Hope all will be well at your doctor appointment. And yes, twice a year is more than enough.
Oh, re-reuns can be fun. We have one that runs The Saint again. So predictable but it still is fun to see.(The Saint is acted by Roger Moore and he was good looking at the time!)
And yes, I can remember my father sometimes did that with his arm in early days in the car.
Have a wonderful weekend, till Sunday,
Hugs
Kyra