Thursday, December 16, 2021

Time To Finish The Wrapping

December 16, 2021

Good morning.  It rained during the night, so it's gray and wet outside this morning.  Tis a good day to stay indoors and try to finish up my wrapping.  

Yesterday, I finished (at least I think I'm finished) addressing my Christmas cards, and this morning they all go out in the mail.  Today I'd like to finish my wrapping and package it all up to send it on its way.  I still have a few things yet to get, but there's still a little time left to finish my shopping.

This week, I got a wonderful thank you note from Suemn, and a lovely photo.  I've enjoyed this, so I think I'll try to do this every year.  

Yesterday, I had a phone chat with one of my old friends (we're all old).  She and her son are adopting a new doggie.  They pick it up Monday from a shelter.  She is so excited, and I know that this little dog is going to be spoiled rotten.  Awesome!  (image borrowed from the web)

You know, with these cold temperatures, it gets difficult to keep the mice out of the house.  I've tried everything (except poison).  Recently, I ordered something called "Grandpa Gus's Mouse Repellent."  It arrived yesterday, and I placed some of it about the house.  I'm hoping it works.  Have any of you used it?  If so, did it work?  I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Baby Cerys had surgery yesterday, and so far I've heard that it was a success.  She will need to have a few more tests while she is recovering over the next couple of weeks.  God Bless her, she's such a happy beautiful baby.  Let's all hope she gets to go home soon.

I think tonight I'll put a couple more rows on the pink afghan.  It's so close to being finished.  The yarn for the next afghan should be here by next Monday.  That should keep me busy right through the beginning of the New Year.  

This year, for Christmas, I'll be visiting with my family via my Portal.  This is good for me.  I get to join in all the fun.  Once the holidays have gone by, it will be time to seriously see about getting another little fur baby.

Now I'm off to have a cup of coffee and enjoy some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I am so happy to hear the the surgery was a success for Cerys and I hope she recovers quickly. Do not give up on getting another fur baby. I am in the process of getting another dog as a companion for my current 9 year old dog since losing my last little dog in August. Sometimes there are many applicants for one dog and the rescue group decides who the best fit is for the particular dog but I have found a rescue group that I am working with via the internet and hopefully will have a "perfect for me" dog within the next few weeks. I am looking for an Adult dog but would even consider a Senior dog if it was the size and temperament that I am needing for myself and my current dog. It looks like there are lots of Yorkies available. You can look on Petfinder.com

smiekeltje said...

Good to hear the operation of Cerys was a success and I so hoe she will be home soon and that in future she will have no big problems with her health.
Your pocket wrap ssmed to have landed well.

It will not be the seem to visit through the Portal with family but it is better than nothing at all.
And yes, try to get another fur baby, it will be good company for you. And there should be a shelter or animal rescue that will be so nice to give you a new friend. There must be a possibility and am sure of it.
Today I sent off my last Christmascards. I am glad that is done.
Have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

Anne M Robinson said...

Before I forget mice hate peppermint! One was in my recycle bin outside. I tipped it thinking he would skadaddle. No such luck. I sprinkled peppermint in there and later he had vanished!

Oh Baby Cerys, I am glad she is healing. what a precious child. I am so happy I am finally trying to catch up in blog world.

Watch for an amazon package ok. I will give you the date if they change it. It seems common during the busy season.

Love GOD and dog. SO precious. I am happy for your friends. It is so good to rescue these fur babies.

We had a bit of rain too. So darn cold. SO I will love being indoors. I have extra tea that I Love so I am a happy camper at home.

We have a second round of gifts to finish. We bought Shea a wooden cradle for her baby dolls since she has learned to treat them kindly. We will put it together CHristmas Eve as we will see her at brunch CHristmas Day. She and Ella are getting rag dolls. Except they are 26 inches tall and the girls names will be embrodiered on the skirt. Still waiting for them to arrive. Ella turns 1 Christmas Day.

I am so happy to see you my friend and I received your beautiful card today.

Take care

LOVE & HUGS

Theresa said...

What a happy little baby, so happy that the surgery was a success. I am pretty much finished shopping and have just a few gifts to wrap. Thankful to be close to finished with it all. Grocery shopping is next, I want to get that out of the way too. Enjoy your day dear friend, I am happy to hear you are going to get a new fur baby. Joy awaits! HUGS!