Sunday, December 12, 2021

Tis A Busy Weekend

December 12, 2021

Good morning.  Tis sunny and the temperature is 42F degrees.  It's not raining or snowing, so it's a good day to get errands done.  If you have errands.  If not, curl up with a good book, or a hank of yarn and enjoy the day.

Sad to say, late yesterday afternoon, grandson Kevin and his girlfriend were going somewhere in their car,  and were hit by a drunk driver.  The car was totaled, but aside from cuts and bruises and a concussion, the kids are okay.  Thank you God.  

Friday afternoon, while looking for something, I found the missing gift.  Of course.  Now that the box has been mailed, it's okay to come out from hiding!  I packaged the gift and put a mailing label on it.  Then I messaged daughter to let her know that I will be mailing the package this week.

Then as I crossed the room to get a bottle of water, I noticed something on the floor.  I picked it up and guess what?  It was the tag that was on the lost gift.  Of course!   I think I'll put the tag in an envelope and mail it to daughter. 

A week ago, I bought myself a present.  My birthstone is Citrine, which is a beautiful yellow color.  One day on ShopLC, they were showing a ring set with Cherry Red Citrine.  I've never seen this color before so I ordered the ring set in sterling silver.  It arrived yesterday.  Oh my, it is gorgeous!  Here's a photo of the ring being presented on the TV program.  It looks orangey in the photo, but it is a gorgeous red.


I've put a few more rows on the pink afghan, and now there are eight more rows to go till it's finished.  I have a really pretty forest green yarn that I want to use on the next afghan, and I've picked out the colors that I want to put with it.  Now I just have to order the yarns.  Meanwhile I'll start a new baby crib blanket while I'm waiting for the yarn order.  

What else is new?  Well, my washing machine died.  With a load of my jammies in it!  Deanne bagged my wet laundry in a trash bag and took it home with her to finish it for me.  Thank you Deanne.   I'll have to buy a new washer soon.  The good news is that my dryer still works good.  

I was reading a story on Facebook about a dog named Max.  While he's waiting for a family and a home, he would love to receive lots of Christmas cards.  Have some fun and send Max a card.  Here's his photo along with his address.

Now it's time to enjoy a bit of blog reading before getting started on this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh I think I did something wrong in posting the comment. I cannot see it anymore. Dumbo me.
I am glad nothing really worse happened to Kevin and his girlfriend. Of course pity of the car, but insurance will take care of that I hope. Most important that the two are okay.
I told you that you would find that present! It is still in time, so you can get it to her at time, if the post helps a bit.
Poor Edna, just now your washing machine died. Well, try to find one without too many programs, but just a good one that does its work nice and clean.
Great Deanne good take care of your laundry for now.
That ring looks gorgeous and ou are so right to get yourself a really nice present.
Have a wonderful week and stay safe.
Hugs
Kyra

Buttercup said...

Your ring is gorgeous. Wear it in good health. My gift to myself is a new nightguard to keep my teeth intact. Not as pretty as your ring, but since I like to chew and smile, I'm happy to have it. Glad that Kevin wasn't injured, but still so upsetting. Take care and enjoy your day!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

So grateful to learn that despite the totaled car the occupants were uninjured, people just never learn it seems.
Beautiful ring, I tend to shop for myself also around Christmas, since I'm not much of a shopper these days, when I'm tempted when on the look-out for others :)
Pretty afghan you are such a talented lady !
Hugs,
~Jo

Suemn said...

I'm sorry to hear about the car accident and it being totaled but the important thing is that your grandson and his girlfriend are okay. I'm glad you ordered that ring for yourself. Sometimes we need to treat ourselves:) Max is so happy looking, I'm sure he'll get adopted soon and get his forever home. Good Luck on finding the right washing machine for yourself.

Susie said...

Edna, So thankful the children are okay. God was with them. Oh dear I will tell you the days of a washer lasting 25 to 30 years is gone. I hate my new washer. Wish I had my old Kenmore reworked. LOL I never over load washers, so maybe this new one will last a few years. Blessings to you, stay safe. xoxo, Susie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

First, Edna, glad to read that your grandson and girlfriend are ok. Too bad about the washer going, maybe Santa will bring a new one. Good for you in buying yourself a gift and it looks lovely too.

Please be sure to delete the previous comment from that undesirable Ratana as it is spam and contains a link to a questionable website. That spammer has been showing up on so many blogs including mine and I immediately delete.

Steve Reed said...

I have a feeling Max may be getting more cards than they're ready for!

Sorry about your washing machine. That's a drag. Do you think it can be repaired?

Love the new ring! That's a nice Christmas treat!