Friday, December 10, 2021

100 Days Till Spring

December 10, 2021

Good morning.  Tis cold.  Only 35F degrees this morning.  I'm not into this cold weather stuff, so forgive me if I start counting the days till Spring.  100 days.  

Before I forget again, here's the December page from my calendar.

I got a late start this morning and one of my favorite programs (Perry Mason) is on TV now so I'm having to share my time between the TV and this post.   Today I need to work on addressing envelopes.  I did start it yesterday, but I did not get many done. 

Last night I added a few more rows on to the pink afghan.  Only sixteen rows left till it's done.  I'm thinking that I might want to make a couple more baby blankets.  One for a boy and one for a girl.  For just in case.  It can't hurt to be ready for any future surprises.

I found this cute saying on the web.  This could work on some days.  On other days, a cup of hot chocolate and a bag full of Peeps would work better.

Today I need to do a load of laundry.  I keep putting it off, but now it really must be done.  Then tonight I should curl up with another bag of junk mail to sort through.  Oh how exciting!  Thank goodness today there's a Law & Order marathon on Mystery TV.  

I just went out to get the mail, and oh my, it is nippy!  Tis a good day to stay indoors and do laundry.  Before I do that, I think I'm going to have a look at my yarn stash to see what colors to use next.  Playing with yarn always puts me in a good mood.  (Gee, who'd a thunk it?)

There's really no more news for today so I think I'll enjoy some blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantastic weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

I was happy and sad at the same time when I turned the december page on the calendar. Sweet Pogo, in one of his wonderful poses curled up in warm blankets!
I'll have to address some envelopes too this weekend.
Oh yes, a warm chocolate drink can do wonders, at the moment I am in kind of hot chcolate mood, so I drink one every later evening. Yummie.
If it is nippy, yes, better stay indoors. I had to go out, I was lucky to have almost no rain. Now it is all nice warm and full of Christmaslights in our room.
Have a lovely day, good luck with the laundry.
Hugs
Kyra

carol l mckenna said...

Glad you are cozy and warm ~ hand work does raise the spirit ~ have fun creating ~ Xo

Happy Weekend to you,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A creative Harbor)

Susie said...

Edna, I am ready for Spring also. LOL We have been blessed that our weather has not been too cold yet. I try to do some chores everyday to get thru . Take care and stay warm. xoxo, Susie

Steve Reed said...

Awww, look at Pogo! Such a cute picture. Stay warm!

Theresa said...

Oh sweet Pogo❤️ I stayed in today and did a lot of wrapping. It was yucky weather but thankfully no bad weather here. Enjoy your weekend dear friend. Hugs.