Monday, December 20, 2021

Heartwarming

December 20, 2021

Good morning.  Gosh, It's almost time for Santa Claus to come visiting.  I need to make sure I have apples for the reindeer.  Is everybody finished with their wrapping?  I should be but I'm not.  Alas, I mean well but I just don't accomplish what I start out to do.  Now it's crunch time.

I have to share something wonderful with you.  My cousin's little dog, Ginger, hasn't been feeling so good lately so this past weekend I told her to give Ginger her Christmas gift.  Doggies are like little kids when it comes to presents.  It's such fun to watch them and to see their reactions to their gifts.  

I had made a blanket for Ginger.  All doggies love to cuddle with blankets.  Right away, she put her head on it and would not move away.  My cousin took this photo and sent it to me.  Doesn't this just make your heart swell up with happiness?


Over the weekend, I did do some wrapping but now I have to seriously buckle down and get it finished.  I'm thinking that maybe next year I should wrap as I buy or make.  Then just keep it all in a big tote till Christmas time.

Leave It To Beaver is on TV now, and after that it will be time for Perry Mason.  I guess I'd best head for the kitchen and make some breakfast.  Later, when Joe gets home from work, I want to give him some money to go grocery shopping.  He's going to be cooking Christmas dinner this week. Yum!

On that happy note, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

It's great to see Ginger so happy on with that blanket. It may even help hr to feel somewhat better.
You will get there with the wrapping till Christmas. And yes, great idea fro next year. Byuing, and that same week right away wrap and then put away in a big bag.
I missed your post yesterday, I guess you had too much to do.
What will Joe make for Christmas dinner? He seems to be quite a cook, isn;t he?
Have a lovely day, my friend, keep safe.
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

He needed some extra care! How sweet of you. Enjoy your day! holiday hugs, Diane

Steve Reed said...

Awwww, I love the picture of Ginger! You made her so happy!

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I agree that dogs love getting gifts. Whenever I buy my dog a stuffed toy and tell him it's for him, he wags his tail, puts it in his mouth and for a few months afterwards he grabs that toy and runs to the door to welcome me back home. ha! I'm also getting no where fast with my Christmas errands:)

Anne M Robinson said...

Ginger needed that extra snuggly blankie. That is so precious. I Love a soft blanket. I spend most of my day in my PJs. HaHa Good thing I have lots of them. But today I decided to get dressed, so waiting on the hubby to arrive from work. He has Friday off so it will be a nice extra day to rest and sleep in.
This motley crew I have waits for me after they do their business outside. Loki hops up on the chair and sits patiently knowing I will save a treat for him. The others are greedy and surround me . The cat looks perplexed as he likes treats but he is too lazy to get up and mcome get one. heehee.
Not many people have received my CHRISTmas cards. Argh....most went out ten days ago and some late ones Saturday. I am not sure what happened. I decided if I can any cards and I did not send one I will send New Years cards.
I have been biding my time, reading two wonderful tea books that I have. STay warm and enjoy the CHRISTmas season. HUGS and LOVE