Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Lots Of Good News

December 28, 2021

Good morning.  It snowed during the night.  However, it did not last very long.  Big fat white flakes were swirling around in the air, and then suddenly they were gone.  That's my kind of snow!

Well, I do have some good news.  The package that I sent to the Netherlands has finally reached its destination.  So now we know, packages going a distance need to be mailed super early.  Mid to late October is recommended for overseas Christmas packages. 

I have more good news.  Baby Cerys may be going home from the hospital soon.  Here's a photo of her, along with a photo with her Mom and Dad.  I'm praying that Cerys is finally cured and will be on her way home soon.  


Yesterday was a sort of lost day for me.  For some reason, I was just plain tired.  I did a bit of crocheting, and read a bit from a new book, but that was it.  My energy level was nil.  So far, today seems to be much better.

I worked on the crib blanket for a while.  My counting must be off.  I thought I only had less than ten rows to go to finish it.  Boy!  Was I wrong!  There were at least twelve more rows to go.  On the bright side, now there are less than ten.

I'm anxious to pick a color for the next crib blanket and then to go online and order the yarn.  I think I've decided on a color, but I'll have to wait until I pull up the web site to be sure.  So I guess that will be my project for this afternoon.  

Before I leave to do some blog reading, I want to share this adorable photo of Nutmeg making sure she gets her share of Dad's goodies.  


So, till Thursday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Cats are so funny. They have no boundaries. (When it comes to invading other people's space, that is -- God forbid someone should invade THEIR space!)

Good news about Cerys!

Suemn said...

I'm glad that it looks like baby Cerys may be able to go home soon. She is a cutie!

Theresa said...

My energy has left me too. I accomplished hardly anything today. Our weather is more Spring like that Winter. It will get colder but not yet. I carry my coat in the car, just in case:) Baby Cerys is adorable and I pray she goes home soon with lots of good health ahead. Have a blessed evening dear friend, HUGS!

Kathy said...

So glad for sweet baby Cherys. I will be praying for her and her parents. It's always sad when the little ones are sick. Have fun picking out the colors for your new project.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Nutmeg wants some of that delicious food! heeheehee! Send S N O W we need it and I am agraid we will get hit with a major storm after the new year. PRAYING we get some before it gets too wild! I know you were happy to see that snow go away.
Your crocheting is always so beautiful. I am going to bring my various afghans out. We have had a real cold spell. DOes not want to go away.
Brittany and Jeremy & the kids gave us a super soft Minky blanket. I was buying fromt the wrong company. UGH everything there is sent to CHINA to be made. YUCK! Brittany buys directly from these ladies in Utah who create their blankets in the good ole USA, Utah! ANyway our new blanket is navy blue and has paw prints all over it. We love it. We love the little tag that says Made in the USA too! Take care, stay warm and enjoy your week. HUGS

Anne M Robinson said...

So happy about the baby! I pray she gets to go home and will leave all the health issues behind her. SHe is so cute. LOVE to you

smiekeltje said...

So good to hear Cerys is doing well.
It isn't so strange you may feel a bit tired after the holidays. Well, just realx and try taking a nao here and there. May be that helps too.
Cats always know where to be when there is something good to snatch, LOL.
Have a wonderful day,(and good the snow didn;t last)
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good news to read about little Cerys and hope she will be home with her family by the start of this new year. I think most people feel a bit tired after the Christmas holiday, Edna. All the excitement leading up to it has died down and we all need a nice rest. No snow here in Nashua overnight. Sending best wishe to you for a better and Happier New Year, my blog friend.