Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Thirty Three Million Meals

November 16, 2021

Good morning.  Tis sunny and Brr this morning.   Only 38F degrees.  Isn't it amazing how quickly the temps drop from hot to cold?  Yet they take so very long going from cold to hot.

Last  evening I started a new afghan.  I'm using a soft pink colored yarn.  I have a pretty variegated yarn that matches perfectly.  I just have to decide on the third color.  It might be a toss up between a peach color or a lilac color.  Both of these colors and pink are in the variegated yarn.

I got to watch Shop LC TV while I crocheted.  On that program, every purchase helps to feed children in this country and in India.  Last night they passed the thirty three million meals mark.  Awesome!  So far, this is the only program I know that does this.  There may be others, but I'm not aware of them.

Today I'll try to wrap a few things.  Every little bit helps.  This might be the first year that I managed to shop, wrap, package and mail everything by the end of November.  Woo Hoo!

I borrowed this next image from the web.  There are a lot of folks alone out there.  And this time of year makes them especially lonely.  If you have a neighbor who lives alone, why not send them a "hello. how are you?" card.  Or just drop by to see if they need anything.  It takes so very little to make someone happy.

Now it' time to make a nice hot cup of coffee and enjoy some blog reading.  So, till Thursday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Here too is it rather cold(6C, brr). So best to stay inside. A new afghan and in pink, beuatiful, and may be i would chose lilac as other color.
At least the shopping program does something good with some money, it already can make a difference.
Tomorrow flu vaccination, so i did necessary things today(sometimes I have a sore arm for a day).
You stay warm, safe and feeling awesome!(you are in kind of speed with wrapping, hahaha).
Hugs
kyra

Buttercup said...

We've got a nice sunny day today. I'm trying to get my packages wrapped and mailed by the end of the month and I'm thrilled that I'm mailing the first package today. It is for Chanukah which starts at the end of November, but I'm still ahead. Got organized last night and made a list of things I need to buy, so I'm feeling good. Enjoy the day!

Barbara said...

Edna, that is an interesting thought about going from hot weather to cold so quickly and yet it seems to take longer to go from cold to hot. I think you are correct!