Sunday, November 21, 2021

A Quiet Weekend

November 21, 2021

Good morning.  Tis gray outside today.  It looks like we may get some rain.  Temps are in the forties and may rise to mid fifties later today.  

It's been quiet around here.  I've been working on the afghan and it's about a third done.  I figure a few rows a day and it should be done in a week or two.  Maybe.

I still have one pocket wrap that needs the pockets sewn on so maybe I'll do that today.  I got an email letting me know that the yarn that I had ordered recently will be arriving today.  Woo Hoo!  I guess I'll be busy next year working on afghans!

Sunday morning doesn't really offer much in the way of interesting TV programs.  Other than children's programs, there's nothing for adults until after ten a.m.  Even the craft programs aren't on this morning on the Create channel.  I guess I'll watch Curious George.

SIL Eddie drove through the park the other day and sent me this photo.  We are very blessed to have this beautiful park.

Deanne came by Friday and brought me these tree Peeps.  Oh my, are they ever tasty!  There really were tree Peeps in this little package.  No fat, no sodium, no cholesterol.  Yum!

Joe is outside this morning raking up some of the leaves.  It's a thankless job.  The first part of the yard that he raked is already filling up with more leaves.  Aye yi yi!

Daniel Tiger is on TV now, and the kids are learning how to share their toys with other kids.  I don't mind watching this program because it really is cute.  Pretty soon, Law & Order will be on.  Finally, a program for me!

That's about all that's happening here so I'll be on my way to enjoy some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Your afghan looks beautiful, real nice colors.
Oh, sunday morning on tv here is also no too much happening. Most rreruns from what was in the week, and children programs, so I often watch something I recorded, a nice detective or thriller.
Good for Joe he is trying to get rid of some of the leaves. But indeed, at this time not very rewarding.
Have a wonderful day, later on with Law and Order and who knows what else?
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I look forward to watching football in the afternoons so I try to get my work done in the morning. I baked cookies and cupcakes this morning. Want a sugar filled cupcake or sugar free cookie! heehee! I'll save you one of each!

Barbara said...

Your afghan is very pretty. I like the colors you have chosen. I look forward to seeing the finishing product!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Peeps, now you are tempting me, Edna because shamelessly, I really enjoy those sugary marshmallow treats. I do not wait until they get hard and crusty to savor them. No matter what holiday season, they are always around now.

Steve Reed said...

I didn't know Peeps made marshmallow trees!

Beth Reed said...

Edna you really are truly Blessed to have Eddie and DeeDee to bring you treats and take pictures of your beautiful park. It is a gorgeous view even from the outside looking in I can imagine what it looks like in person! Hugs, xoxoxoxo