Thursday, November 11, 2021

My "Mystery" Project

November 11, 2021

Good morning.  Tis sunny with temps in the mid to upper fifties.  There are fallen leaves everywhere.  My driveway is almost completely covered with golden yellow leaves.  

Yesterday I got a spurt of energy and started some wrapping.  I wrapped and tagged, and got two boxes packed and addressed, ready for mailing.  Then I started a new "wrapped" pile.  After that, I ran out of my energy spurt.  

In between my pocket wraps and baby blankets, I've been working on a "mystery" project.  It will be my Christmas giveaway to one of my followers.  Every day this month, I write down the names of everyone who leaves a comment on slips of paper and put them in a bag.  At the end of the month I'll ask Deanne to pick out a name from the bag, and I'll send the mystery project to that person.

I did not make special Christmas cards this year or a new calendar.  I may still make the calendar, I haven't decided yet.  Somehow, without Pogo it's just not the same.  

While you are typing your post, Blogger underlines some of your words, making you think that maybe you did not spell them right.  In the last paragraph, Blogger underlined the word "calendar."  So now I have to go look it up on Google to make sure that the "ar" shouldn't be an "er."  I spelled the word correctly, so why does Blogger do that?

Last night, I brought the yarn to start a new afghan, but then I fell out of love with one of the colors.  Aye yi yi.  Now the problem is to pick out a new color to replace the one I don't like anymore.  I spent an hour deciding on a new color, then decided that I wasn't sure yet.  So I put it all away for the night.

Today I'll sew the pockets on to the teal blue wrap, and then I can wrap and tag it and put it in my "done" pile.  A little progress each day is good for the soul.

Here's a cute image that I borrowed from the web to share.  It's a great thought to start each new day with.  

Now I'm off to enjoy a bit of blog reading.   So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.  

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Good girl, Edna! You did a lot of wrapping, two boxes ready and starting a new pile wrapped, gosh, you had a lot of energy!
How nice to give away something to someone commenting. Curious to know what it is.
Oh yes, I wonder also when i type and a lot of my words are underlined. sometimes I look if I wrote right or worng, lot of times I just did it well.
Now later today you should take a bit of rest, don;t spend all your energy already. LOL.
And you still have to decide for the new color, and that can be difficult, yes.
Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Ooooh, a reader giveaway! How exciting!

I am mystified about Blogger's spell-checking. It does that to me all the time -- corrects me on words that are right. Who knows why?