Sunday, November 28, 2021

Asking For Prayers

November 28, 2021

Good morning.  It's early and it's still gray outside.  The temperature is 33F degrees and we may get some rain.  A good day for staying indoors.

Today I'm asking for some prayers for two of my great grandchildren.  Jack has been having headaches and had to spend a day at the hospital this week.  He will have to see a neurologist in Boston later in December.  This is my handsome Jack with his sisters Alima and Lilah.

Baby Cerys has been diagnosed with hyperinsulinism.  Her body produces too much insulin which causes her blood sugar to drop.  Her condition is extremely rare and only two hospitals in the nation have specialty centers for it.  She will have to be transferred from Florida to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.  This is our beautiful Cerys.

Yesterday, I went through all the comments left throughout this month and put a slip for each one into a paper bag.  Deanne came by and shook the bag really well.  Then she reached in and picked out one slip.  The winner of the mystery project is Theresa from  https://theycallmeganky.blogspot.com.

Theresa, could you send me your address so I can mail this to you?  Thank you.  My email addy is pogosma@gmail.com.

Today I'll be busy getting my mailer packages ready to go to the Post Office tomorrow.  I'm not as early as I'd like to be but I'm glad to be this far along.  Now I'm going to the kitchen and make myself a cup of coffee and some breakfast.

So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh y God, what bad news about Cerys and too of Jack. Hope they will find what is causing Jack's headache and that it will be something minor. And poor Cerys and parents, I don;t know much about her illness, have to look it up, but I truly hope there is a cure for it so that Cerys can have a proper life without too many hurdles. I will send a prayer "upstairs"to that some guardian angels will be send to Jack and Cerys.
Take it easy and have still a lovely day, stay safe
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about Jack and Cerys. I'll be thinking of them (and you!).

Suemn said...

Jack and Cerys will be remembered in my prayers.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'll be sure to keep them in my prayers. I'll pray right now for them both. Have a good day sweet friend.

Rita said...

Yes, they are in my prayers.
Have a good week. :)

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Put Jack and Ceryl on our rosary and morning prayer list. Still use the rosary you gave us when in the car. My best RA Dr. was from Hawaii. Her husband a Dr. specialized with infants with insulin problems. Call me this weekend, lots to bring you up to date.