Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Cranky Martha

November 2, 2021

Good morning.  Temps are really dropping fast now.  Today will make it to fifty degrees, and the overnight temps will drop into the upper thirties.  It feels like Winter is closing in fast, even though the calendar says it won't start for another seven weeks at least. 

I'm curious to find out if Winter is going to fly by as quickly as the other seasons do.  It would be nice, but I don't think it will happen.  The cold weather seems to linger on forever.

Last night, I finished the scrunchie.  It looks okay, but I'm wondering if maybe I should have used a thinner yarn.  I may order a skein and give it a try.


Has anyone seen Cranky Martha on one of the Social Security ads?  I think she's a hoot.  She's so cranky!  I have to laugh at her.  "I called last year.  I won't call!"  "No, I won't!"  hahahahaha
God Bless her little cranky heart!

I'm getting tired now, so I think I'll do some blog reading while I can.  So, till Thursday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs,. Edna B.

4 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I'll have to keep an eye out for cranky Martha, she sounds hilarious.
Yes, weather has changed almost overnight, Thursday is a freeze for us.
Stay warm !
Jo

smiekeltje said...

Yeah, winter is creeping in, although slowly for now, but you never can tell.
Don;t know if the scrunchee should be made with thinner yarn. May be you could look for yarn with some elastic in it? I think it is made.
Keep warm, time for fleece or fluffy trousers and sweaters and fleece blankets, ohhh, it ounds good to me.
Have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

These cooler temps are fine with me, Edna. I like going out for daytime walks now that I can comfortably wear a light jacket and not get overheated. No frost here (yet) but predictions are it will be here by the weekend. Your scrunchie looks to be in the colors of the fast coming holiday. I have not sen the cranky Martha ads most likely as I do not watch regular TV, only streaming. But, I have started getting some annoying "medicare" phone calls on top of those auto warranty ones, aarrgh.

Steve Reed said...

I haven't seen Cranky Martha but I'll look for her on YouTube! (How did I get so far behind on your blog?!)