Monday, November 22, 2021

Changes Coming

November 22, 2021

Good morning.   Tis damp and gray outside, a good day to be indoors.  Gosh, I slept late this morning.  I was up earlier and then lay my head back down for a minute.  Hmmm, quite a long minute!

I read an article on Google yesterday that said Social Security payments will be mailed out on a new schedule next year.  Depending on what day of the month you were born, it would be either the second, third or fourth Wednesday of the month.  Is this true?  Or did I read it wrong?

Here's something interesting I found on the web.  For folks who like to start seedling plants indoors, use ice cream cones.  Then just plant the whole thing in the ground when the plant is big enough.  (If you have mice, this may not work.)

The yarn that was supposed to arrive yesterday will be arriving today or tomorrow instead.  Either I read the email wrong, or it will take a bit longer to get here.  No problem. 

A lot of the animal rescues and shelters are in need of money and food for the animals.  Instead of giving some folks gifts that they don't need, you send the money to the shelters instead.  Or maybe just add the shelters to your gift list.  They would surely appreciate any help you can offer.

I found this next tidbit on the web and just had to share it.  This is exactly how a lot of my days go.


 Now I'm off to enjoy some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow,  Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like that last funny...how true! I get so sidetracked when I walk into another room! Hope your yarn comes today! Hugs!

smiekeltje said...

That laundry ärtile"oh, there are days it is just ME!
Funny that they might mail the social Security payments on different days? Here it is around the 25th or so from each month.
Perhaps you read something wrong, or not.
Hope your yarn will arrive real soon.
So true about the gifts at Christmas and animal shelters. They really need some support.
Nice you had a good sleep today.
Have a lovely day, stay warm and safe.
Hugs
Kyra

Angelicastar said...

Social security always make statements like it will be something new. It has always been that way with an exception for those who was getting ssi(never worked...(lol) and those who had to accept disability social security income. My sister started getting her social security at the age of or over 65 and hers come based on her date of birth. I had to do Social security disability at the age of 54 therefore my check always come no later than the 3rd. If the 3rd is on Saturday or Sunday it will come that Friday. Between the 1st and 3rd. Only ssi checks are paid on the 1st of the month and if the first is on Saturday or Sunday, they do get paid a few days earlier. That's not new for Social Security. They always make statements like it's new. Maybe for those who are just signing up at or after the age of 65.

Steve Reed said...

That last meme exactly explains my cleaning spree yesterday morning!

I've never heard of using ice cream cones for planting, but I have heard of using toilet paper tubes -- and like the cones, you can plant the whole thing.

stamps3223 said...

My husband and I have been getting our Social Security checks on the 3rd Wednesday of the month since we started collecting. For my husband that's been 15 years.

Rita said...

My days go like that quite often (when I am mobile)--ROFL! ;)

Theresa said...

Tis chilly here in the South this morning! I am steady wrapping gifts so when the tree goes up, there will be something under it:) LOVE the tidbit you pulled from the web... I am easily distracted and I believe that was written about me:) I start into a room and lots of times forget why I went:) Enjoy your day dear friend! HUGS!

Suemn said...

Next year will be the first year I start collecting Social Security so I'll wait and see what day I get it:) I guess I should start looking for some type of holder for the ice cream cones used for plants huh?