Friday, November 19, 2021

Lots Of Bargains On TV

November 19, 2021

Good morning.  I've been up for hours.  ShopLC TV has been keeping me company all these early morning hours.  It's been very interesting to see all the "pre black Friday specials" that they are presenting.  And no, I did not order anything.

It rained a bit during the night so all the leaves on the ground are stuck on pretty good now.  At least until they dry out.    It's almost pointless to rake them up because we have a lot of trees and the leaves keep on coming down.

I won't make any special plans for today because something tells me it's going to be a "nap" day.  I worked the overnight shift in the health field for so many years that I wonder if that's why I can't always sleep at night.  Hmmm, food for thought.

Here are two more words that we don't hear very often any more.  These were printed on a tee shirt.

To lollygag is to spend time aimlessly: idle.  To dawdle.  Dillydally means the same thing. 

Right now, there are cartoons on the TV.  Heckle and Jeckle.  These talking magpies were created by Paul Terry and were first seen in 1946.  I looked them up on Google, and found quite a few Heckle and Jeckle cartoons.

Now I'm off to the kitchen to make some breakfast and a cup of coffee.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

I am sure your body was so used to the night shifts that the sleeptime changes too. Jan has the same thing. And then it is good to take a nap during the day at some time.
I was up too rather early and took a little nap in the morning to catch up. Muppet was my company on the couch.
Hmm, Heckle and Jeckl? Don;t know if I know them. I always loved the Tom and Jerry cartoons.
You have a wonderful day with some great naps,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

It's interesting that they still show Heckle and Jeckle cartoons! I haven't seen one of those in many years. My mom always said dillydally (or dawdle) much more frequently than she said lollygag.

Kathy said...

I must be very old since I know the words lollygagging and dillydallying. LOL. My husband was a night baker for many years and has the same problem you do with sleep. It must be that your body gets used to being awake certain hours.

Take care and have a good weekend.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks Edna, for explaining the difference between dillydallying and lollygagging, both are great terms even if they mean the same. Today I did a bit of both! Your overnight rain was here in Nashua, NH, in the early morning hours and the rest of the day was blustery and overcast. I am not good on taking afternoon naps, but Grenville really enjoys his.

Suemn said...

I remember Heckle and Jeckle cartoons. There's quite a few old time cartoons on that can be watched on the internet. I don't know whether they would hold kids interest today:)

Beth Reed said...

Hello,
I Loved Heckle and Jeckle when I was growing up. It is a wonderful memory that brought to mind many Saturdays laying on the couch with my brother watching Saturday morning cartoons.
My daughter Laurie and I were talking about certain shows that they watched as kids and she mentioned finding some really good ones and said "Mom did you ever watch Penelope Pitstop?" I told her O watched it every Saturday morning and we talked for at I at least an hour on forgotten cartoons that are so much better than what they have now.

I am having so much trouble seeing to leave a comment!. I think that my eyesight was better before I had this cataract surgery. And my key board is so sensitive that the flashing bar at the end of each word that flashes keeps moving all over the place and every thing is so blurry. I am about ready to chunk this laptop out the window.
I love you and I am off to read the next post and Iwill try to comment when I can. xoxoxoxo