Friday, November 12, 2021

It's "A Bit" Day

November 12, 2021

Good morning.  Today is gray and looks like rain.  Do you suppose if it rains that it will wash all the leaves out of my driveway?  Probably not.  I suppose that comes under the heading of wishful thinking.

Today is going to be quiet.  I'll wrap a bit, crochet a bit and nap a bit.   The TV will be on in the background to keep me company.  In a couple hours I'll be able to enjoy the Law & Order marathon.   I'll be working on my "to buy" list because Deanne says we can go shopping this weekend.  I would like to be able to finish my Christmas shopping so that I can get it all wrapped and ready to leave my house.

Thanksgiving is only two weeks away, so one has to know that a brand new year is right around the corner.  Time is really flying by us.  Soon, I'll be looking for my new crochet project for the year 2022.  This is actually fun to do.  The hard part is deciding which project to pick.  

Has anyone noticed that we don't hear the words "mucky muck" any more?  These used to be quite common words, but not so anymore.  What does it mean?



 Aren't you glad you asked?  Whether you use the words or not, it's good to learn about the different words in our language.  

Before I finish this post, let me share another image with you.  This one is so true.  Do something fun today.  Do something that makes you smile.  Even better, make someone else smile today.

So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

9 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Sounds good that "a bit day". Feels I have about the same day today. Oh well, as long as we are happy with it.
Oh, take a good rest so that you have the energy for the shopping trrip with Deanne, that will be so fun.
Hmmm, new project for 2022? I should think about that too, but not this weekend, okay?
Have a lovely day, enjoy the Law and Order marathon.
Hugs
Kyra

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I don't think I've ever heard "muckety-muck", but it is strange how words can fall out of usage without our realising. My father had a large collection of words which I grew up with but now realise were words from a different age - words like "soodle" which is to dawdle and "tovey" which is a person of rough character. I wish I could remember them all.

Kathy said...

The year is just flying by. And I pray that 2022 is better to us than this year has been. The world is going crazy. I have never heard of muckty muck. There's always something to learn!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I've heard that term before but never used it, but I have used the term "Lady Muck" several times :)
It's a well used North of England saying, to describe a person who thinks highly of themselves :)
Enjoy your "bit" time it sounds like the perfect day to do so.
Hugs,
~Jo

Suemn said...

Have fun Christmas shopping! Now, you're getting me excited to go shopping. ha! I hope you and Deanne take time to eat a lunch when you are out and about. It's always fun to eat out isn't it?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, Edna, I have hard that term before but not in such a long time. The weather in nashua was miserable and rainy all day and a great day to be inside. Hope you and Deanne have fun on your shopping trip. Our gifts this year will be gift cards as that is what the older grands seem to prefer, but I do miss gift wrapping so will most likely find a couple of small gift items to wrap. I can recll many years ago when I would have such fun wrapping gifts, but those days are long gone, so enjoy yourself my friend!

Rita said...

I remember muckity much but haven't heard it for many years. I love the old sayings. Hope you got your list all ready. :)

Theresa said...

Time is flying right by! We have SO many leaves in our driveway, on our yard and roof. My husband blows them but they just keep falling. Enjoy your day dear friend, I need to work on my "to buy" list too. HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

It's interesting that you say "mucky muck," and one of your examples uses that phrase, but the other says "muckety muck" -- which is what my mom always said and the way that I learned it. I guess there must be some variation, maybe depending on where you're from? In any case, I don't think I say it myself! (But I'm kind of not sure!)