Sunday, November 7, 2021

POOF!

November 7, 2021

Good morning.  Tis sunny and cold.  Temps may get up as high as fifty one degrees today.  Brrr!  It's time to start the countdown till Spring.  133 days.

I've been busy reading one of my new books.  This one is about the women who came over on the Mayflower.  You never hear about these brave women.  Yet, without them we'd all be reading a very different history.

There were twenty nine women who landed in Plymouth, Massachusetts.  Fifteen of them died during that first winter and spring.   Can you imagine what it would take to be one of these brave women?  The book itself is rather boring, (it's full of facts) but the story is very interesting. 

I did not touch any of my crochet projects over the weekend, so I still have all those pockets to sew on to wraps.  Maybe I'll do that today.  We'll see.

I'd like to get out one day this week to finish up my Christmas shopping.  You just can't do it all on the internet.  Some things have to be seen in person. I'm one of those people who has to touch things, feel them in my hand.  

You know, one thing that I've really missed is the Flea Market.  That was something that I really enjoyed when I was in Florida.  There were two really nice flea markets close by.  I haven't been to one in nearly two years.  Maybe next Spring?

There's a new commercial on TV that I'd like to share.  It's called POOPH.  You spray this in the air to get rid of nasty odors.  Why not spell it POOF?  Marketing and Advertising just aren't the same anymore.  

Now I'm off to make a hot cup of coffee and enjoy a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I bet someone else already owns the brand name "Poof" so they had to improvise!

Florida is big on flea markets. Seems like there's one around every corner!

And you're right about the women of the Mayflower. Life was hard for everyone back then, but for women -- having to give birth, among other things -- it must have been especially challenging.

smiekeltje said...

It is amazing what women endured during settlement in foreign countries. It was a hard life.
You are right about shopping, there are just things you have to touch and see in real. Hope you will feel good enough to do this next week, because it is tiring bu also fun.
Those pockets will be done somewhere next week, for sure. Just do whatever you feelup to.
Have fun, and a great day.
Hugs
Kyra

Daniel Comfort said...

It's a play on words regarding the odor spray. Since it uses chemistry (pH) to remove the odor, instead of "poof" it's "poopH". I have the commercial version of it that waste management companies use and it's amazing.