Monday, November 15, 2021

These Awesome Gift Cards

November 15, 2021

Good morning.  Tis sunny and cool.  44F degrees cool.  We're supposed to get one warm day later in the week.  (Thursday)  then temps will drop again.  Nighttime temps are really dropping.  Tonight should be 32F degrees, and tomorrow night should be in the twenties.  Brrr!

Yesterday I shopped for new yarn.  Online, and taking my time.  I've been carrying a couple of gift cards in my wallet for quite a while now and I figured I'd try to use them up.  I did good.  I have less than ten dollars left for my next yarn shopping spree.  

Today I think I'll start a new afghan.  As soon as I decide on all the colors, I'll post a photo of them.  I've decided on two colors, but I still need a third one.  This one will be for a girl.  I'll be making an afghan for a boy too.  I think I'll use blues and greens for that one.

Yesterday I thought I might wrap a few things, but I only wrapped a couple.  Maybe this week I'll do a bit more.  I'd like to get all my mailer packages out by next week.  We'll see.

A while ago, I mailed a letter to a friend.  This morning, the letter came back to me "undeliverable."   It said "No mail receptacle.  Unable to forward."  I don't understand this.  I've written before to this same friend, and those letters were delivered.  The address has not changed either, so I don't know what the problem is.

Folks, with these cold temperatures, please don't leave your animals out in the cold.  If it's too cold for you, it's too cold for them too!

Now I'm off to enjoy a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.  

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Things are always changing...and not usually for the better! Hope your day is good. Stay warm!

smiekeltje said...

Strange, that the letter was elivered. But always strange things seem to happen now and then at the mail.
Yes, I wan to try to ail out the box next week too. First have to do the on line document for it, pfff. Perhaps mailing is a bit too soon, but better early.
It was kind of cold here too, tomorrow too and then we will reach double figures, not bad.
Oh, new afghans, wonderful. And what a good thing you could buy a lot with those gift cards. sometimes they are handy.
Have a lovely day, stay warm and safe.
Hug
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Maybe their mailbox was removed or damaged? My mom's mailbox got knocked down and she switched her address to a PO box, and from then on anything addressed to her house was returned to sender, marked "no receptacle."

Theresa said...

It's sunny but cool here this morning. I had a Christmas card returned last year with that same message. I will try again this year:) I need to start wrapping too so it doesn't pile up:) Have a beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!