Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Yellow Is The Color Of Sunshine

April 15, 2020

Good morning.  Today is our normal "tax deadline" day.  I filed as soon as I could anyway, even though the date had been extended.  Being a procrastinator, it's best not to give me extra time to take care of my tax stuff.  I would definitely take much longer to do it. 

Folks, I have not so good news to share.  My good friend Beth has sent me a text saying that she is sick and may have to be tested for Covid 19.  It all depends on whether or not her temp gets any higher.  She is having a lot of flu-like symptons.  All good thoughts and prayers for her would be most appreciated.  Thank you.

Today will be cloudy most of the day, with temps hovering around fifty degrees.  We may get some sunshine late in the day.  Have you noticed how much daylight we have now?  I love love the long days.  It's daylight before 6 a.m. and still daylight at 7:30 p.m.  Yup, I love the long hours of daylight!

I thought I would share photos of my Easter plants.  They are such a beautiful sight for these sore old eyes.  And those teeny tiny daffodils (or Narcissus) are so adorable!  You just have to smile when you look at them.



I also would like to share some wonderful news about my granddaughter Jasmine.  She applied to, and was accepted by, several colleges.  She has decided, and will be going to Smith College in Northampton, MA.  Need I say how very proud we all are of her.  Congratulations, and God Bless you Jazzy.  You go girl!

Well, the mailman has been here and would you believe he brought me another tax bill?  (and of course a couple other bills)  What is wrong with people?  When hardly anyone has a job, where are folks supposed to get the money to pay these bills? 

And has any of you heard of anyone receiving their relief check?  I don't know of anyone who has received it yet.  Do you suppose congress will wait to send them out later after this virus thing has passed?  I wonder, do you suppose congress is still receiving all their pay?  If they are, then maybe it's time for us the people to get rid of all of them and pay ourselves instead.

I'm not going to rant.  I will not. 

Instead, let me share this beautiful image that I borrowed from the web.  These precious animals are only lent to us to love and enjoy while we can.


Now I'm going to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

Jan said...

My grandson got his already. I asked my mother if she did and she said she has no clue?!? We're not sure that we're getting one, we have to do the math and after a month at home listening to him wasching reruns of Two and a Half Men and Mom, my brain isn't coing to comply...we'll just wait.

Oh well. Stay home and stay safe!

Dee Jaynes said...

Hi mom, Jazzy and Kevin got their stimulus checks this morning. The people who had their federal refunds direct deposited into their bank account get their checks first. Ed and I don’t get refunds- we always pay- so who knows when our check will come :(

LV said...

My sister has this virus. She has been isolated for over a month now. Waiting on the second test results. There people around here that have received their check. Don't know if I get one or not.

Steve Reed said...

Oh no, that's terrible! I'm so sorry about Beth. I hope it's not COVID. And a big congrats to Jazzy for getting into Smith! That's quite an accomplishment!

I don't have my stimulus payment yet. I THINK I'm getting one, but I'm not sure. (I file US taxes but I live overseas.)

stamps3223 said...

We got our stimulus checks this morning. We file on line so we got it quicker, than those who get their refunds by check.

Kathy said...

I will be praying for Beth. Hope she does not have the COVID-19.

Congrats to Jazzy getting into Smith. That's wonderful!

I haven't gotten my check yet, but according to the news they just started going out this week. We should get them soon.

smiekeltje said...

Oh, poor Beth! I truly hope it will not be Covid19.

Those daffodils are really lifting up the spirit just looking at them, yes, indeed!
Cograts to Jazzy! Great achievement.
And yes, I hope that everybody who has right to a stimuus check will get it very quick.
Here too lots of people could apply for some support from the government, no idea how many already received a payment.
Difficult times for many people, and the bills keep coming in. Although lots of companies and even tax office are lenient about the payment term.
We have great weather today, so I will take a moment in the garden, in the sunshine.
Have a wonderful day, stay safe at home.
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

The stimulus has arrived to most people I have talked to. YEAH! I filed my taxes yesterday and happy that I got that off my to-do list. I also don't need a reason to procrastinate. Stuff like that looms in the corner of my eye:) Love the pretty yellow flowers:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!