Friday, April 3, 2020

Tis A Good Day To Stay Indoors

April 3, 2020

Good morning.  Tis 42F degrees, gray, wet and windy.  It's a very good day to be indoors.  I'll try to be this cheerful next week when the sun comes out. 

You know, every day I've been saying that I'm going to work on the little green poncho, and yet every day something else has kept me busy for the whole day.  The little green poncho just sits in its plastic bag waiting for some attention.  I'll try today, really I will try.

I'll also try to have a nice nap sometime day because sleep did a really good job of staying away from me all night.  I did doze off for a while shortly after midnight, but by 2 a.m. I was wide eyed and bushy tailed.  Mostly I would just lie there and try to fall asleep, but I failed dismally. 

This morning I got a lovely email from my friend Nani in Ohio.  The box with the green and white cotton yarn lapghan arrived and she loves it.  This makes me so very happy.  She's in a wheelchair, and this will keep her warm when she is out in her yard checking her Spring blossoms. 

This past Christmas, Nani had sent me a big bottle of Aloe Vera Gel.  And I have a big bottle of alcohol.  Guess what that makes.  Hand sanitizer!!!  The Aloe Vera Gel is also wonderful as a skin lotion.  It leaves my skin so soft and smooth. 

Today I dug out two more of my older photos.  I love photographing nature.  I took a few moments from my work one day (summer 2011) to get some shots of this Starling taking a bath. 



Another of my favorite subjects to photograph is our beautiful flag.  I especially love the great big ones that fly way up on high at some businesses.  She's a beauty, isn't she?  (photo Feb. 2012)


I'm watching Leave It To Beaver, and when it's over, Perry Mason will be on.  I guess that means that it's time for me to finish up here.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Yes, one thing we must try to do is staying cheerful as much as possible(not always easy).
Today the sun is shining but it isn;t very warm yet. We hope to have really nice temps in the weekend.
Didn;t do much today, kind of easy peasy day. I will look around on internet a bit for some new ideas for another afghan(but I will finish this one first and also the oldest one LOL).
The oldest afghan is halfway ready, have to put one or two parts yet together and then to make a border.
The one I started in green is about halfway I think.
So that will take still some time.
It feels however good to be "crafty"again.
Hope you will be able to have a good nap later today!
I didn;t sleep very well either this night. Hopefully this night will make it up to me ROFL.
Have a lovely day and stay safe!
Hugs
Kyra

Susan Zarzycki said...

It's blowing a gale here on the Island today. I know what you mean by sleep not being your friend. The older I get the less sleep I get. My 92 year old mother gets even less than I do.💖

Theresa said...

Tis a good day to stay indoors when it is gray, wet and windy outside. I might get out for a walk later but mostly staying inside to get some chores done. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

TJ Davis said...

Everyday when I'm reading blogs someone uses a word or phrase that although I am familiar with I wonder where they came from. My mom used the phrase, "bright eyed and bushy tailed," and so did you today. And here is where it comes from perhpas...https://wordhistories.net/2018/07/01/brighteyed-bushytailed-origin/
I think it's really older than that.

Thanks for taking time to share, I enjoy your reading your blog.

Steve Reed said...

"Leave it to Beaver" -- wow! I haven't seen that in years! Starlings are very energetic bathers. They often come to our bird bath, too.

Kathy said...

We have alcohol and aloe gel too. We thought if we run out of hand sanitizer, we will make our own. But we don't need it at this point.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Buttercup said...

I think a few episodes of Perry Mason are just what I need these days. Thanks for the good suggestion.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We have had a couple of days of nasty weather with rain and wind. Today was dry but windy and it's been good to be indoors. We did venture out to the grocery store but will not have to do so for awhile now, thank goodness. Glad you are keeping safe and we are too.