Monday, April 13, 2020

Gosh, I Need A Little Help

April 13, 2020

Good morning.  Today's temps should reach sixty degrees, but with rain all day.  In fact, according to my phone app, this whole week should be in the upper fifties with rain.  I guess this is what April does.  It rains.  BUT, up come the beautiful flowers too!

Today I could use a little help to decipher the nutrition facts on my Easter chocolate bar wrapper.


I wanted to eat it last night, but first I read the back of the wrapper.  At first I got excited to think that this whole thing was just one serving, and that it only had 290 calories.  But just as I was getting ready to unwrap it, something clicked in my conscience.


I read it over carefully to make sure I was reading it right.  It does say just one serving.  I set it down for a while, then picked it up and read it again.  It still says only one serving.  Can this be true?  Gosh!  How awesome!  I could stock my fridge with lots of these tasty treats and never have to worry about too much salt or weight gain.  Yum!

Of course, by now, after all this re-reading, I'm not quite so hungry for chocolate.  In fact, I'm doubting that I'm reading what I'm reading.  So instead I made a big bowl of strawberry ice cream topped with mixed fruit and Cool Whip to sooth my troubled mind.  It was delicious and I soon forgot about eating my candy bar.  

Now my problem is-----did I read this right?  Do you see what I saw?  Hmmmmm?  Do I stock up on these awesome candy bars?  Or do I just enjoy this one bar, one nibble at a time?  Sighhhhhhhhhh!

Well, my favorite attorney is coming on TV in a couple minutes, so I'd best get going.  Tomorrow I'll share about some of the wonderful things that I've been watching and enjoying on Amazon Prime.  My coffee mug could use a refill too.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Before I go, I want to say that although I don't answer comments on the page, I love getting them and I am so blessed to have you all in my life.   Thank you for being here.  You keep the sunshine in my world.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

If there is only one piece in the package....then the whole thing is one serving! Open it up and see! heehee! Take care this week and stay safe! Hugs!

Dee Jaynes said...

Mom- you’re worried about 290 calories? Your ice cream desert was probably about 1200 calories. Eat the chocolate bar and enjoy. Love you.

Theresa said...

Looks like you can eat the whole thing! That's the way I see it:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

I can understand it is sometimes confusing with the food stuff LOL.
But you can enjoy the bar, no big harm done.
Sending you some info by mail as extra(explains rather well, I think)
Perhaps I will make me a small mug of coffee too, although it is late afternoon.
Have fun with your favourite lawyer on tv!
Hugs
Kyra