Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Lots Of Wet Stuff On The Way

April 8, 2020

Good morning.  Today is going to be gray and damp.  Tomorrow the real heavy rain and wind should be here.  After that, we'll see.  Daytime temps seem to be staying in the forties and fifties so I guess the warmer Spring temps will be along soon.

Is it just me or is everyone else having a harder time trying to find interesting things to do every day?  I don't really do anything different than I would if we didn't have this virus thing going on.  So I'm thinking that it is all psychological.  I'm thinking that we need lots more sunshine and some warmer temps to chase away some of these doldrums.  The warm sunshine always seems to make things seem better.

You know, I went into my big freezer yesterday to get some ice cream.  The first container of ice cream that I pulled out did not have the plastic sealer ring on it.  I did not open it.  It almost looks like it may have been opened before.  Without the sealer ring, I just don't trust the ice cream. 

I wonder why I did not notice this when I put it in the freezer.  How did the sealer ring come off?  Or was it taken off?  And why?  Why would someone take it off the container and then put the container back in the ice cream case?   This container of ice cream is headed for the garbage pail.

On a lighter note, I found these lyrics on the web.  Someone (I don't know who) has taken the time to write new words to a popular oldie tune.  Have fun singing it.


I also found a really fun giggle on the web to share.  I hope this will help to lighten up the mood for today.  Hang in there, there's a tiny light at the end of the tunnel.



Now I'm off to refresh my coffee mug and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh that made me giggle, "over here on the swing":) That's funny! What's not funny is ice cream that appears to have been open. I wouldn't eat it either! I think it is for sure psychological about staying in and finding things to keep me entertained, it's got me too. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Oh, just love that joke!!! It is really funny.
Pfff, Jan and I did some exercise! We have lots of ive and it is growing as mad. Today Jan and i got rid of a part of it. Then you also have to bind the branches together and the smaller pieces and leaves put into a sac.
It is hard work. We will try to do another part tomorrow.
In between I put on a stew with lamb meat for this evening.
I don;t find it very difficult to find things to do, but I have more energy to do things when sun is shining and temps are warmer and we can open a window or door.
Today we have lovely weather.
Now time to sit and do not much anymore, only some internet browsing for a bit of news and some ideas for a knitted afghan.

And it is always wonderful to open your blog and read your are still okay!
Have a wonderful day
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I think some people are better at staying active, or at least FEELING like they're active. Not sure why that is. I feel pretty busy myself, but whenever I say I'm busy my brother (who has two kids) laughs at me!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I wouldn't rust anything without an unopened seal any more :(
Cute joke, it made me giggle !
We're are under yet another tornado watch until 2am. It's all beginning to be too much.
Stay safe dear one.
Hugs,
~Jo