Thursday, April 2, 2020

It's Good To Be Me Today

April 2, 2020

Good morning.  Tis 42F degrees, gray and damp here today.  However, by Sunday, temps should be getting warmer.  I just went out on the porch to get the mail and the sky does look like it is trying really hard to get brighter. 

Yesterday, I spent most of the day going through all my videos from the shows that I went to at the Cabaret and put most all of them on a flash drive.  It is all packaged up and ready to be mailed.  Sadly, I missed the mailman this morning, so I'll see if one of the dwarfs will take it to the Post Office for me.

I've been watching the news, which is grim to say the least.  Do you read the news flashes that are shown along the bottom of the TV screen?  I do.  But I find it extremely annoying that the stations cut it off right in the middle of sentences.  Couldn't they just wait until the end of a sentence? 

No rants today.  I'm in a good mood.  It's actually getting brighter outside my door.  Woo Hoo!  I guess today I'll put the extra rows on the little green poncho.  After that, I have tons of junk mail to attack. 

You can't imagine (or maybe you can) how much the junk mail has increased.  I'd like to just toss it out, but in today's society that is just not feasible.  And most days, I admit that I'm just not in the mood to go through it all to remove my ID information.  So, yup, I end up with bags of it and the next thing you know, I'm having to spend a whole day getting rid of it. 

I'd really like to be able to get in my car and go to the park to take some photos.  So, as soon as the temps warm up - and it's safe to do so - that's just what I'm going to do.  Hopefully, this virus will be settling down by the end of April and it will be safe to do that.

Today I was going through some of my old photos, and decided to share some of them here.  I took these two photos at our park in the summer of 2011.  This beautiful Cormorant was sunning on a rock, just begging for his photo to be taken.  Catching the dragonfly in the photo was a plus.



I have to confess that most of my photos are taken with the Auto setting on the camera.  I just could never get the hang of remembering all the information about how and when to use all the different settings.  But I still got lots of beautiful photos.

Now it's time for me to get started on this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

p.s.  The spaghetti sauce came out delicious yesterday!

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

In the weekend we will have real spring, they say(17C or something). We'll see about that.
Glad you are still feeling okay.
Just count that the corona thing migh even last longer than end of April. I saw the US news on CNN world here a little bit, and it is frightening.
You always have beautiful photos! And yes, I also have mostly the Automatic setting on. I too have trouble remembering all the different settings, the more if I don;t use the camera a lot. Today I wil try to do the Elongated Alpine stitch on the afghan. I am happy that there are a lot of video tutorials on the net to see how some stitches are done. Helps a lot.
Have a great day.
Stay safe
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

There's nothing wrong with the auto setting on the camera! The fact is, when you're out and about, you often don't have time to mess with settings or you'll miss your shot. (And by "you" I mean "me," LOL!) I often use program mode, which allows me to choose the focal point but automates the exposure. I then alter it in manual mode only if program doesn't give me the results I want.

That cormorant looks like it wants to EAT that dragonfly -- although I think cormorants are mainly fish-eaters, aren't they?

Sue said...

I don't like junk mail either, and like you don't want to go through it right now, hope your weather really warms up for good, our problem is pollen it is really going full force, having a lot of wind doesn't help either..
beautiful photos.
Thanks for visiting, have a great evening.
Sue

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Reminds me of your visit to Wisconsin and we saw the cormorant in the Mississippi River and later drying its wings in the marsh off the La Crosse River. Do you remember what year that was? Happy day. Mary Ann