Thursday, April 16, 2020

Play Time On My Laptop

April 16, 2020

Good morning.  It's 37F degrees and overcast outside today.  We should get up into the forties though.  Our seasons have changed quite a bit over the years.  We used to have a nice long Spring.  Now, we see a much shorter Spring and Fall.  Winter is the longest season now, followed by Summer.

I used to think that we'd eventually end up trading temps with the Southern states -- us getting warmer, and them getting colder.  I was wrong.  I was wrong about the stimulus checks too.  It seems that a lot of folks started getting them yesterday.  I'm very glad about that. 

Yesterday turned out to be a really nice day.  I was able to go out on my porch and take some photos of the birds and the squirrels.  I'm really happy to see all my little birds returning.  It's been quite a while since a lot of them have been here at the same time.  As soon as I have a chance to crop some of the photos, I'll share them.

I did spend a little time playing in Photoshop with a photo that I had taken in Florida.  It was really fun to be working with my photos again.  It's been a while.  This was a photo that I took of the plants in front of one of the buildings at the Flea Market.



I even picked up a few new filters to use with my Photoshop program.  Now I just have to make some time to sit down and learn how to use them.  Later, I crocheted another row on the tan poncho.  I'm close to finishing it now.  When it's done, I'll take a photo to share. 

You know what I think is really sad about so many businesses being closed or shut down to the public?  The fact that you cannot contact most of them really bothers me.  I tried to order something online the other day to be picked up at the store and ran into a snag trying to place the order.  I did try to contact the store, but no one answered the phone.  I sent them an email.  No one answered the email.  So what next? 

One of the bills that came in the mail one day had a discrepancy on it.  I tried to contact the company but no one answered the phone.  I tried the "live chat" online, but they cut me off in the middle of a sentence.  I sent a letter along with my payment but have not heard from them yet.  I doubt that I will.

Businesses rely on us to support them, so shouldn't they be supporting us too?  I think if they are going to be sending us a bill or offering us a service, they should give us access to someone in customer service when we have a problem with the bill or the sale.  But then what do I know!

Mind you, this is not all businesses.  Lots of the small businesses are doing their best to work with us.  It's mostly the bigger retailers and big business (banks, credit companies, etc.) that have made themselves scarce to us.

Enough of that stuff.  The sun has just come out and it's looking rather pretty outside my door.  If it keeps popping in on us, it will make for a really nice day.  I think I'll finish up here because the mail has come and I want to go outside and get it.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I hope it is a nice day today for you! I sent you my email address, let me know if you didn't get it! Enjoy your day my friend, HUGS!

Sue said...

I agree about the service customers are getting now, we have had similar problems, that is lovely plant.

Our weather has been up and down, it seems April has been colder than March, it was 38 when I got today, we have had a little frost bite on our garden plants, Dh says we will have to replant the green beans.
Enjoy your beautiful sunshine.
Blessings,
Sue

smiekeltje said...

It often already was difficult to get hold of companies to ask a question or talk about a bill. And now it is even more difficult, you are right. And indeed most of the bigger companies or shops, the small businesses try to do their best.
We will have to live with it for some more weeks at least, I think.

Nice you picked up your Photoshop again. It is a beautiful plant you made a photo of.
Nice that the birds have come back again. Here too we see more now.
we have one female blackbird, she's quite "well-build"LOL, but when she hops aroun she is sooo quick, she is just like the road-runner!
Okay, going to do something, probably knit a bit, I already did a tiny bit of gardening(some re-potting).
Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Trying to reach folks in customer service must be so frustrating for so many people with the current situation causing many to cut back or close. Luckily, I haven't ordered anything in a very long time, so don't have to call anyone (whew). I used to have a copy of Photoshop Elements, but when the Mac OS updated to only using 64-bit programs it no longer would work. I've decided not to buy a new PE as they update them too often and want more $. Now I'm using a couple of free photo editors, which do offer in-app upgrades and these are less costly than the Adobe products if I decided to upgrade. Glad you are enjoying your Photoshop program again.