Wednesday, April 29, 2020

I Think The Spring Temps Are Coming Here!

April 29, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it's 53F degrees.  Every day this week, temps are supposed to get just a bit higher.  Woo Hoo!  Does this mean that the warmer temps are on the way here?  Gosh, I hope so.

Yesterday I took some photos of Pogo with his new blanket.  I just love this first photo.


Later, while I was doing something on my laptop, I heard rythmic snoring and took this photo of my little guy.  He was deep into dreamland.


Shortly after that, my new yarn order arrived.  Oh how pretty!  I'll take a photo to share here.  This yarn will take care of a couple more of my Christmas projects.  This is going to be another busy crochet year.

Deanne and Eddie picked up a few things at the market for me yesterday and brought them by.  Yum, yum.  Roast beef and low salt ham, and Lean Hot Pockets with Chicken, Broccoli and Cheddar.  Let me tell you, Pogo likes these hot pockets too!  There was no way he was going to let me eat one of them in peace without sharing it with him, which of course I did.

The kids also brought me a bag containing a gift from my grandson Kevin.   A while ago, when I asked the kids to be on the lookout for toilet paper for me, I told them that I did not like the ultra soft kind.  I only like the ultra strong kind.

Kevin was at the store a couple days ago, and bought me a gift.  It was a package of Ultra Strong toilet paper, and he signed it "Love, Kevin."


Is it any wonder why this young man is so special to me?  I am so blessed with an awesome family.

The kids also brought me a couple decorations to put in my garden, and a box of yellow peeps.  Yum!  Did you know that five peeps is only one serving and only has 140 calories and no sodium?  Of course, there is 30g of sugar.  But f I don't have much sugar already, then I can eat all five of them.  And I did!

I called the Post Office and they said that it's okay to mail both afghans, one to Florida and one to Sweden.  So later today, I'll package them both up and get them ready for mailing.  I was told that the mail is going through fine, it just takes a bit longer for packages to arrive at their destinations.

Now I'm off to go out and get the mail.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

That first picture of Pogo is so cute. It's amazing how much dogs can sleep, isn't it?! Glad you can mail your afghans as planned!

wisps of words said...

Hooray for Spring Temps!!!!

Cute pics of Pogo!

Love the toilet paper gift! Very sweet! Yes, our Family is wonnnnderful at this time toooooo! We are very lucky!!!!!

Good that you can mail your afghans. Mail taking a little longer, but going through. Yesssss...

You too, stay safe. And keep finding lovely things, as you are. It's so important at this Misssserable Time. -smile-

Find Beauty
Especially
In This Time
Of Pain...
🌱💛🌱💛🌱

Theresa said...

Nice gift from Kevin:) My store NEVER has toilet paper of paper towels. Enjoy the warmer temps my friend, we have had rain but the sun is shining thru the blinds this morning! HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Just love the present from Kevin LOL! Well, you certainly have some stock now!
And Deanne and family are so sweet towards you. Fantastic people, as well as Audrey, but she is sadly so far away.
Great photo of Pogo on his birthday present. Oh, I wish I couuld sleep so much and well as Pogo does!
Hoorray for the better temps coming along. It's time for you that you can enjoy the porch.
Have a great day!
Stay safe
Hugs
Kyra