Friday, April 17, 2020

Cute Accessories For Little Doggies

April 17, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it's 45F degrees.  We should make it to fifty degrees before the day is over.  I'm getting a late start on things today.  I got up earlier and fed Pogo his breakfast, but then went back to bed.  My pillow was beckoning to me and I just couldn't resist.

I heard from my friend Beth.  She doesn't have to be tested for Covid 19 because she is not having trouble breathing and her fever hasn't gotten very high.  Even though she is still not feeling so good, this is good news.  I'd like to thank everyone for their good thoughts and prayers for her.

Well, I finished the tan poncho, I think.  I'll have to measure it on someone first.  Maybe Deanne will try it on for me.  Other than that, I just have to make the pom poms for the ties.  Today I'll check my yarn stash to see if I have enough of a color to start another project.  Gosh, I'll be glad when I can go to a store and pick out new yarn or at least order it online for pickup.

While we were in Florida, I ordered something online for Pogo to wear on our trip back home.  I ordered him a package of doggie dydees.  They have them for boys and girls (doggies, of course).  I put one on him when we left to come home, and it really did help.  Having to wait from early in the morning to sometime late in the afternoon is much too long for a little dog.

I have a couple pictures of the doggie dydees.  The ones for the little girl doggies is just soooo cute!


But the boy dydees did the trick for Pogo.  They fit good and they're easy to launder.


On to another subject.  Lots of folks are seeing the hummingbirds returning to their feeders.  Sad to say, I'm not outside to see if any of them have come back here yet.  I borrowed a chart on the web that shows when to expect them in different parts of the country.


According to this chart, the little birds won't be here for a few more weeks.  That's good because I first have to have the screen covers to the porch taken down so that I can put up my hummingbird feeder.

Now I want to refresh my cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs. Edna B.

5 comments:

Terra said...

I said a prayer for your friend Beth to keep on recovering. Good to know about the nappies for dogs, the girl dogs have cute ones.

Steve Reed said...

I am so glad to hear the news about Beth. Thank goodness.

We don't get hummingbirds here in the UK, sadly, but we do have hummingbird moths, which are amazing!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I'm always very jealous when I hear reports of hummingbirds as we have nothing like them on this side of the ocean.

Theresa said...

What a great idea, stylish puppy diapers! I haven't seen any hummingbirds yet but they will come. There are lots of other birdies singing their little hearts out and I am enjoying hearing their tweets! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Happy to hear the news about Beth. Okay, she isn;t feeling yet okay, but good she doesn't have to be tested.
Let's hope and pray she will get well soon again.
Gosh, those puppy diapers are cute and a good idea.
I wished we had hummingbirds too here! But we have other birdies, and you know, because there isn't so much noise in the city, because lots of people don;t use their cars and motors etc. you can hear a lot better the song of the birdies!
I have now a big sparerib in the oven for our dinner, together with some salad and then strawberries with cream yummie!
Isn;t there any possibility for you to order some new yarn at the moment?
I am sure you can, somewhere.
Have a lovely day, stay safe
Hugs
Kyra