Sunday, April 19, 2020

Spring Snow

April 19, 2020

Good morning.  It's early and the sun is shining.  I thought I might sleep in a bit late this morning, but Master Pogo had other ideas.  So we got up and had breakfast.  Where is he now?  He's sleeping, of course! 

We woke up yesterday morning to quite a surprise.  Everything was covered with snow.  Here's a photo of one of the little gardens.


Thank goodness, the snow was easy to shovel up, and whatever was left melted later in the day.  This is not what I had been hoping for, however Winter always seems to share in most of the first half of Spring. 

Later in the morning, Deanne and Eddie came by with groceries for me.  While they were here, Deanne tried on the tan poncho.  The color is really called "Sandstone."  The poncho fits, so I can box it up soon and get it mailed off.  This one is for a friend of ours.


I tried calling JoAnn's yarn shop yesterday, and finally was able to get someone to answer the phone.  The lady assured me that I could order more than one skein of a color yarn at a time if that is what I wanted to buy.  I could call in my order and it could be picked up at the sidewalk in front of the store.  So, I went online to place an order.  Everything I picked out had a notice beneath it that said "Not available at your store."  Well now, how about that!

I decided to take a chance and call Herrschners to see if they were shipping orders out yet.  Surprise, surprise.  The lady on the phone said yes, they were shipping orders.  They had only stopped for one week.  So, I went online again and placed a new yarn order.  Woo Hoo!  It may take a week or two for my order to get here, but that's okay. 

Later in the afternoon, I went out on the porch to take some photos while Pogo sat inside looking out to make sure I wasn't going anywhere without him.  I like this photo of him because of his reflection on the glass pane.


Next week, my little guy will have a birthday.  He'll be fourteen years old.  His gray hairs don't slow him down much though.  Pogo still acts like a puppy. 

Right now I'm watching a quilting show on TV.  The machines that they use are very unique  I've never seen some of them.  Today they are mirroring designs on the finished quilt.  It's really quite interesting how the designs are made.  I would not have the patience to do this though.  Maybe when I was a lot younger I would have tried it.  In my elder years, I look for simplicity in my crafts. 

I just took a sip of some very cold coffee, so I think I should sign off here and refill my cup with some hot coffee.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Brrr, snow sn;t what we are waiting for is it????? Hopefully it will be just for one day.
Nice that Deanne and Eddie bbrought you some groceries. They are taking good care of you, and they are wonderful people.
And also nice that you could order some yarn for new projects.
Now you hve a wonderful day(perhaps with a nap somewhere???)
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Snow?! Ugh! We should all be past that by now! Thank goodness it melted quickly. I think the new poncho turned out really well!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I was complaining because it is chilly today....60 degrees. Lol.
Your little Pogo reminds me so much of my little Yorkies that I brought with me from the Motherland, many years ago, How I loved those little pups.
Great news that you can order yarn, that should keep you busy for awhile :)
Have a lovely day Miss Edna.
Hugs,
~Jo

Kathy said...

Several of my friends have gotten snow also. Fortunately it skipped my house. It is cold though -- in the 20s and 30s. I just ordered knitting needles and yarn from Amazon. It is supposed to get here next Sunday. That's OK because I still have projects I am working on.

Pogo certainly doesn't look as if he is 14 years old. You will have to give him a special treat for his special day.

Take care and be safe.

Theresa said...

Yikes, snow. No snow here just LOTS of rain. That will help our tomatoes grow! What a pretty poncho on a pretty girl. It is SO nice that they check on you and bring you groceries and other things you need. I know you appreciate them! Have a blessed day dear friend, hope the sun will be shining in your neck of the woods! HUGS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Snow? Wow! That really is something! I'm sorry you are having trouble with your post today. I think blogger is messed up, some photos aren't showing up too. Take care my friend!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We had a bit of snow too on Saturday and then it quickly went away when the rain came and lasted all day long. Thankfully, Sunday was a much better day with warmer temps. Happy early birthday to your favorite companion, Pogo. The finished poncho looked very nice on the model.

wisps of words said...

Did you ever hear the old saying.... "Spring snow is the poor man's manure." ? Did they used to "say" that, in "your neck of the woods"? -smile-

Pretty pancho!!!

Gentle hugs,
🌱🌸🌱🌷🌱🌺🌱