Monday, April 6, 2020

Another Month Indoors And Hopefully A Light At The End Of The Tunnel?

April 6, 2020

Good morning.  It's 6 a.m. and daylight is just breaking.  I've been awake for a while so I fixed some breakfast for Pogo and me.  My little guy finished his food and is now curled up by me, snoring softly.  Tis really a beautiful sound. 

Yesterday I worked on the little green poncho.  After checking my yarn supply, I found that I only had enough of the green yarn to add on just one row.  So I did, then I put on five more using the variegated yarn.  The only place I could get the green yarn is through Herrschners, and they are not shipping any orders out right now.  Still, I think the poncho looks rather cute. 


This morning I'm watching City Confidential on TV.  This used to be one of my favorite programs.  You learn a lot of the history of the place where the crime took place before you even know what the crime was.  Today's story takes place in New Orleans, and it's really quite interesting.

I saw on the web that this is going to be a banner year for ticks.  Yuck!  But there was also suggested a really good way to check for them and remove them from your body.  Use a lint roller.  Roll it all over yourself and your pet to remove any ticks that may have gotten on either of you.  This seems like a really good idea to me.


The "stay home" suggestion (or mandate, depending on where you are) has been extended to May 4 in Massachusetts.  At Deanne's job, temps are now being taken at the door as each employee arrives at work, and they will have to wear masks.  They have already been keeping a "three feet" distance between workers. 

My days aren't always very productive during this "stay indoors" time.  I think just knowing that I can't go out changes things.  I do try though to keep busy.  On the other hand, I tend to take more naps.  Maybe when the warmer temps finally get here to stay things will feel a lot better. 

On that note, I'm going to the kitchen and make a cup of coffee.  Then I'll start thinking of what mischief I can come up with for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Love the poncho. It is beautiful! I am staying in and not accomplishing too much but staying in like I am supposed to. It will end, yes it will. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

I think the poncho looks lovely!
At Deanne's work they at least try to keep it as safe as possible for the employees. Hope she and the family will not be infected by the virus.
Yes, it is the knowing you cannot go just out whenever and where you go, the limitation is making it hard.
We have real nice weather, I even opened the doors to the garden.
Jan went for and ultrasound to the hospital. People visiting have to follow a marked path and they take your temperature.
I will send you a little mail about ticks I found on the web.
Now have to hang out a laundry, oh joy LOL!
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Good Lord, I hope all those ticks didn't come off ONE person!

Love the poncho! It looks great with the contrasting colors.

Kathy said...

There is so much for me to do around here and I don't feel like doing anything. Mostly I sleep. Each day I hope for the energy to get things done.

Love the cute green poncho. It's adorable.