Thursday, April 9, 2020

Hanging In There And Keeping Busy

April 9, 2020

Good morning.  Tis another gray, damp day.  Later the rains shall come and the winds will howl.  And we'll get through it.  I saw on the weather forecast that some parts of the country are facing much worse weather.  So, I'm not really complaining.

Yesterday I managed to find a couple things to keep me busy.  I even checked through my yarn stash to see if I have enough of the right color yarn for my next crochet project.  Good news, I think I do.  Of course, I'll finish at least one of the projects I'm working on before starting another new one. 

I thawed out some Kielbasa too, so I think I'll cook that up for supper tonight.  I slice up the Kielbasa and fry it in a large fry pan.  Then I put it all in a bowl and set it aside.  Next I fry up sliced potatoes in the same pan.  When they are almost done, I add green beans.  Next I put the Kielbasa back in the pan with the potatoes and beans and let it all cook together for a little while.  Season to taste and enjoy.

Pogo would prefer that I cook the pasta shells with white cheddar.  He'd even settle for plain spaghetti.  He likes to have some pasta sprinkled over his doggie food.  Alas, tonight he will get no pasta.  He has, though, decided to eat a couple more flavors of his doggy food Pate.  He likes the Bella brand.  I don't know if it's the best one, but it is the one that Pogo will eat. 

I saw this image on a friend's blog and had to borrow it to share here.  Its creativeness gave me such a big giggle.  (I don't know the author)


My favorite TV lawyer will be coming on soon so I think I should finish up here.  Before I go, here's another giggle to start your day.  (Borrowed from the web)


So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

I need to get the duct tape out for my HONEY:) That is too funny about the kids picking weeds on a field trip! I am hanging in there but just by a thread. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Great giggles!
The days do like more to eachother than before or is it just me who is thinking it?????
I somehow missed a day this week, thought it was Wednesday today. but it is already Thursday LOL!
Good you have enough yarn stash to at least start a new project.
Going to knit again now, we took ourselves a day without exercises today(yesterday was more than enough for two days hahaha).
Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad you and Pogo are doing well staying safely indoors, Edna. There's nothing like home cooked meals and then watching a vintage TV show cause they surely don't make them as entertaining now. Rainy weather here in NH today as well.

Steve Reed said...

We actually NEED some rain here. I could do without wind, though. Olga would happily eat any variety of pasta we put in front of her, cheese or no!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Edna you are so cute! My friend Nancy shared the Field Trip one and I had to steal it from her. HaHaHa!Duct tape, we always have that on hand hahahaha!
Picky pets, Mister Kitty is so chubby but he does like his diet food although I am guessing he still sneaks nuggets from Daphne when she isn't looking.
These silly pups love pancakes and bacon although they only get a nibble.
ALways my pleasure to be here. Thank you my friend and stay safe. HUGS