Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Hills To Climb

April 21, 2020

Good morning.  This is my second typing of this post.  (on my little laptop)  Do you believe in Murphy's law?  Does it usually attach itself to someone and hang in there till the person crumbles?  I was just signing off from today's post when I must have hit the tiny DEL key on the corner of my keyboard and the whole post went POOF!  I just have to go a bit slower when typing on the little keyboard on this little laptop.   

Yesterday, I was getting ready to take my hammer and my big laptop outside and beat it to death.  Instead, I called the repair shop.  It was closed, but the owner answered and said he would have his technician call to see if he could help.  

At two pm, the technician called and spent hours trying to shut off or uninstall the touchpad with remote software.  The touchpad just would not quit.  It's software was never properly installed.  We finally agreed that when the store was able to re-open, I would bring the laptop to his store and he would try fixing the problem surgically.  

I have very little patience in my elder years.  There have been so many hills to climb in my life that I get tired of climbing them.  This laptop had just plucked my last nerve.  I really think it might have been therapeutic for me to take the laptop out to the grassy area between the house and the shed where no one could see me and whack it with the hammer until all the keys fell off.  Hmmm, maybe not.

Today I'll share a couple photos that I took a few days ago when it snowed.  In the first photo, the cardinal is calling out to someone or something.  In the second photo, he's listening for an answer.


My phone just rang.  My cousin Ellen passed away less than an hour ago.  Rest in peace Ellen, I love you.  

Seems there is always going to be another hill.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

Terra said...

Those are wonderful photos of your cardinals. Sorry to hear about your cousin, I am with you, we have climbed so many hills and more keep coming up. I am tired this morning.

smiekeltje said...

I know, sometimes we've had enough hills. Hope you soon can bring the laptop to the repair shop and hopefully they can help you.

Oh gosh, sorry to hear about your cousin Ellen. Sincere condolances, I know you had her in your heart.

Oh, you might take a look at this link
https://www.space.com/36381-lyrid-meteor-shower-guide.html
(copy and paste it in you browser)
Perhaps you are awake at the right time and you might see something of it.

You take it ease and burn a little candle for your cousin Ellen,
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a hard time for so many. Love your pretty Cardinal. Take care of yourself my friend!

LV said...

When it rains it pours. Trust things get better and brighter for you. If my Windows 7 dies, I will be out off the computer business. HANG AS IT WILL GET BETTER.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

My sincere heartfelt condolences on the passing of your cousin, God rest her soul.
I was wondering if you are hitting a delete key when typing your posts and not knowing, hopefully they will sort it out for you.
Stay well friend,
~Jo

stamps3223 said...

Sorry for your loss. I too have wanted to beat up my computer at one time or another. I now have a crystal near it to ward of the bad mojo. LOL

Steve Reed said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. As for the laptop, believe me, I get it. Nothing tries my patience like technology!

wisps of words said...

Oh so sorry about your computer troubles. And your cousin's passing too, of course.

I totally understand wanting to take that machine, which does not want to work correctly, out, with a hammer. We just don't have as much patience, as we get older. Maybe we are *supposed to*. But nope.

We have our routines and we want them to continue. When something does not cooperate, ughhhhhhhhh....

Could you take that computer, to the store... Call in? Have them come out and pick it up on the curb, where you put it? Fix it? And call you, to come pick it up, and pay? Just a thought.

But glad you have this other option. We really need our blogging connections, now!!!!

Gentle hugs,
🌱🌸🌱🌷🌱🌺🌱