Tuesday, April 7, 2020

There's A Super Moon Tonight

April 7, 2020

Good morning.  The temp right now is 42F degrees with clouds.  Today should get some sunshine and temps in the mid fifties.  Did you know that the setting moon and the rising sun were both visible in the sky this morning around 6:16 a.m.?  Well, that's what the weather person on the TV is saying.  There are a lot of clouds above here, so I don't know if this was visible to us.

Tonight, there is supposed to be a huge super moon.  I may even try to get a photo of it.  It all depends on whether or not the sky is clear overhead here.  Meanwhile, Deanne took some beautiful photos of the moon over her house last night, and the last photo is the North Star.  Thank you Deanne.  These are wonderful.  Enjoy!




I'm trying to think of what it was that kept me so busy yesterday.  It hasn't come to me yet, but I'm sure it will sometime today.  I walked out on to the porch a couple times yesterday to catch a whiff of fresh air.  I played with Pogo, and put a few things away.  And, I took a nap.  Oh ya, I took out a deck of cards and played solitaire for a while. 

I also watched some of the videos of the Starliners that we've been posting on FaceBook.  These are so entertaining.  I surely do miss going to the Cabaret.  But, soon when  adall of this virus stuff is over, the Starliners will be performing again. 

Jazzy had applied to several colleges, and has been getting acceptance letters from them.  I'm so curious as to which college she will decide to attend.  We are all so very proud of her.  I'll be missing her at the Cabaret once she goes off to attend classes.  Hopefully, she'll come back once in a while to perform for us. 

Now I think I'm going to refresh my cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading before Perry Mason comes on.  After that, I'm sure I can think up some fun mischief to get into.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Theresa said...

I can't make a very long list of what is keeping me busy either. Today, I am going to get some cards in the mail and pay some bills. Not too exciting but thankfully another day will be filled with something:) Enjoy your day dear friend HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

You're still okay, that's a good thing.
Oh, often I think back of the day before and before that and never remember a lot of it. I am sure I did several things, but...ohhhhh, never mind. I know I was doing some things, so far so good LOL.
It is lovely weather today, and tomorrow will even be better. Temps around 21-24C! It will only be for one or two days, with the Eastern weekend it will be less.
Good you had some sniffs of air at the porch, and now crossing my fingers for you you soon will be able to sit there once in a while.
Have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We went out and looked at the moon last night and it was beautiful! We'll try to remember to go out again tonight! Thanks for the reminder. Take care of yourself! Hugs!

Steve Reed said...

I hadn't heard about the super moon!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Thank you for the heads up, I'll make the effort to view the moon from the darkness of the pasture.
Days do seem to run into nights lately, I question my husband often, as to what day is it ?
Hope you are staying well and safe !
Hugs,
~Jo

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Hi Edna, Have Jazzy check out Viterbo University in La Crosse. They give out great scholarships. Their music Theater program is one of the best in our nation. Mary Ann

Kathy said...

Thank you so much for telling me about the super moon. I will be outside with my camera to try to get a picture of it. We are all just putzing around the house these days. I really should be cleaning. The house is so dirty.

Take care and be safe.