Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Tis A Lovely Day For The Ducks

November 13, 2018

Good morning.  As the old saying goes "It's a great morning for the ducks."  Now I don't really know if ducks really like the rain, but this saying goes way back to when I was a little girl and then some.  Tis gray and wet, and the temperature is fifty one degrees.  However, from here on the temps just go down and will be cold. 

Well, was I good yesterday and get some wrapping done?  Nope!  I made a start.  I did get a couple things ready for wrapping.  I even touched the wrapping paper.  But I just could not make myself wrap anything.  I promise to try again today.   Why am I so bad about this?  I just don't know.

Yesterday I took a photo of the gray afghan to share.  I rather like this one quite a lot. 

 
Deanne called yesterday to say that the photo of her and Eddie at the parade was published in the newspaper, along with an interview.  It explained about the names on the back of the sign that she holds up at the parade.  They are the names of friends and relatives who are veterans that have died.  Here's a photo of the newspaper article. 
 
 
When Audrey was here last month, she had started crocheting a bed jacket.  It was to be a Christmas gift for her friend  Miss Bea's elderly aunt.  Here is a photo she sent to me showing Miss Bea modeling the bed jacket.  Audrey, her auntie is going to love this.  It really came out quite lovely.  Miss Bea, you're looking rather pretty too.
 
 

There's a new commercial on TV that's, well   - I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet.  But I'll save it for tomorrow's post.  Right now, I'm going to make a hot cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  Then I'll give the wrapping thing another try.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 
 
Hugs, Edna B.


2 comments:

LV said...

You are so smart already wrapping gifts and I have not even started buying. I have a problem figuring out what to buy. You do beautiful job on your hand work.

Theresa said...

Oh dear... that afghan is BEAUTIFUL! You should make those to sell:) That bed jacket is also gorgeous as well as the lady modeling it! Famous family in the newspaper. Great picture. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!