Thursday, November 15, 2018

Snow Is On The Way!

November 15, 2018

Good morning.  The sun is hiding behind the clouds, so it's gray to go along with the 23F degrees temperature.  According to my phone, temps should rise to freezing later today, and then we'll most likely be getting some snow by early evening. 

I was hoping the snow would hold off until after Thanksgiving so that we wouldn't have to finish closing off the front of my porch just yet.  Alas, the snow doesn't seem to care what I think.  It's coming, ready or not.  I've sent a message to Cliff to see if he can come by over the weekend to finishing closing the rest of the porch. 

I had a question about what I made with my Pot Roast.  To be honest, I cheat a little bit.  I buy it frozen.  It's all made.  You just heat and serve.  You can heat it in the microwave, or better yet put it in your slow cooker and leave it be.  Here's a photo of the package in case anyone wants to try it.  I buy this at WalMart. 


Years ago, I used to cook mostly from scratch.  But now there is just me and Pogo most of the time, so this type of meal is really good for me.  Plus, it tastes good.  I still cook some things from scratch, but there are a lot of really tasty meals already cooked and frozen. 

While I was out taking photos in the rain the other day, I also took a photo of the neat little pile of leaves that have blown up onto my porch.  They just looked so interesting.  There are so many different types of leaves in this little pile.


I also took photos of my last outdoor hanging plant that is still blooming.  I had thought this plant was a goner, but it keeps surprising me with beautiful little blossoms.


I wonder if this plant would live longer if I brought it indoors.  It is an annual, but you never know.  When it stops blooming, I may prune it back a bit and bring it indoors to see what happens. 

Yesterday afternoon, I sat down with my new Christmas cards, and addressed more than half of them.  It helped to put me in the holiday mood.  Maybe I can actually get a few things wrapped now. 

Have you noticed how little is left of this year?  Thanksgiving is next week, Hanukkah is in seventeen days and Christmas is only forty days away.  Shortly after that, we'll be ringing in another new year.  This year seems to have really flown by even faster than last year. 

It's supposed to rain tomorrow, but I may have to go out to do some grocery shopping anyway.  If not, I'll have to get it done over the weekend. I'm down to my last bag of popsicles!  I have these every night for my snack.  They are only forty calories each and they taste good.  (of course, I sneak in a little chocolate or some cookies too!)

Now I'm going to make a fresh cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

No snow here but I just got my heavy coat out to put in the car. I cheat a little with my meals too. It's just Marc and me and I cook some things from scratch but buy meals like this to keep in the freezer. They are good:) Have a blessed and beautiful day dear friend, stay warm. HUGS!

Kathy said...

I hope the storm you got wasn't as bad as ours. Yesterday we had the worst storm ever. Lots of accidents on the roads and people stranded.

I used to bring in my plants each winter and they did well. Some lasted for years. Of course they went outside as soon as the weather got warmer.

BTW, that's an interesting little pile of leaves you have in that picture. I would have taken a picture of it too.

Hope you enjoyed your pot roast. That looks good and I think I will look for it.

Have a good day, Edna! The weekend is almost here.