Monday, November 5, 2018

It Was An Awesome Day!

November 5, 2018

Good morning.  Today is a gray day with temps getting up to fifty degrees later this afternoon.  We are supposed to be getting more rain late today and tonight.  At least it all held off and gave me a beautiful day yesterday. 

I want to thank everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes, both here and on Facebook.  I had a fantabulous day!  There were birthday calls in the morning, and rubbies (kisses) from Pogo.  When Pogo is happy or if he likes you, he rubs his little face all over you.  That's his way of kissing. 

Deanne and Eddie picked me up at noon and we headed to Olive Garden for lunch.  All together, there were ten of us in our group.  Deanne and Eddie, Kevin and Ashley, Jazzy, Jack Jack, Lilah and Alima, Aurora and me.  Four generations sitting down to eat together.  Does it get better than this ?

Here's a photo of all of us (except for Ashley, who is taking the photo).


This photo was taken indoors in the lobby.  Me, Deanne, Alima and Aurora.   The little ones are my great granddaughters.  Aurora is Deanne's granddaughter.


There were electronic tablets (filled with games) on each table and they helped to keep the little ones occupied.  Actually, they had a grand time playing on them. 



Kevin had bought whistle horns for the little ones.  Once the two girls were settled in our car to head home, Kevin gave them their little horns.  They played them all the way home.  A melodious ending to a delicious lunch.

I think those wicked purple pills are helping a bit.  The itch hasn't been quite so bad, and so far the rash hasn't been spreading very far at all.  Maybe last year's shot and the fact that we caught it early will be a big help.

There was a lovely surprise waiting for me in my email this morning.  My friend Mary Ann made another digital art piece featuring my handsome Pogo.  I love it Mary Ann.  Thank you so very much.


SIL Mac has been sending home some really nice photos from Japan.  As soon as I get them cropped, I'll share them here.  It's beautiful there, and hopefully his son will be there soon and they will be able to get in a few visits. 

Today may be a nap day for me.  Sleep just wasn't coming last night.  I fell asleep around supper time for a few hours, and I think that's kept me from sleeping through the night.  No more evening naps.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: