Friday, November 2, 2018

A Box Full Of Goodies For Me

November 2, 2018

Good morning.  Tis gray and damp today with a bit of a breeze.  The temperature is quite nice, in the mid sixties.  We may get some showers or some thunderstorms later today.  But then, we may not.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Yesterday was a lazy day to say the least.  I mostly just relaxed all day.  I thought I'd catch me a morning nap but then the mailman came by with a big box for me.  Daughter Audrey had told me a couple days ago that it was coming and it was okay to open it right away.  So I did. 

Wowsie!  There were two packages in the box.  The first one had a new checkbook cover and a notebook cover (with a notebook inside) from Miss Bea.  Oh my gosh they are beautiful.  And in my favorite colors.  Miss Bea, thank you thank you.  I love them.


These are handmade.  I think they are called "canvas craft".  Miss Bea used a cotton yarn to make them stronger than regular yarn.  They are just what I needed, and they are already in my purse!

The second package held a gorgeous afghan that Audrey made for me.  Oh my, this is beautiful.  It's made with granny squares and it has something special on it.  A pocket.  Yup, it's a one of a kind.  Audrey thought that a pocket to hold my tissues or my cell phone would be quite handy.  And it is!



That pocket is lined with a pale peachy orange fuzzy material.  Oh gosh, it's so decadent!  Audrey, I love it.  Thank you thank you. It kept me toasty all through the night while I slept.  Pogo likes it too.  He snuggled right in with me and snored away to dreamland.

I have a photo to share that I took a few days ago.  It's not a very good photo, but it shows how my little critters come right up to sit on my gate to ask for food or to eat their food.  I love these little guys.  They are a bit pesky, but they are oh so cute.  (outside!)


I mentioned before that I had bought a box of new tea to try.  I bought it because of its name.  "Yorkshire".  Pogo is a Yorkshire Terrier, so I thought I should try the tea.  Goodness, I should have bought more of it.  This is really a tasty tea!  I made it hot with a teaspoon of honey in it.  Yum!


 Now I think I should get busy here and put a load of laundry in the washer.  After that, I have dishes to wash.  Yup, I've been lazy.  But today I need to catch up on a few things.  First I'm going to do a bit of blog reading.  Then I'll get busy. 

On that note, I'll take my leave.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Love the checkbook covers. Oh my goodness, an Afghan with a pocket! Perfect. Have a beautiful day dear friend. Hugs

gypsyrose said...

you had some lovely gifts the afghan is beautiful, the squirrel is cute I have not seen our one for a while must have found a better offer. We always use yorkshire tea its really nice enjoy yours x

Nani said...

An afghan with a pocket is genius! Yours is just as beautiful too.

As always, I love the squirrel picture. ;)

hugs, Nani

Mary Ann Roesler said...

The best post I can give you for your Birthday is a fine art print of Pogo. Loved the background. You will have to go to FB messenger and share.


Mary Ann