Friday, November 23, 2018

Goodness, I Think My Shopping Is Done!

November 23, 2018

Good morning.  Lordy, it's cold here in New England!  Yesterday we had the coldest Thanksgiving Day in 117 years.  Our temperature was only sixteen degrees.  However, beginning tomorrow, we should have at least four days in the forties.  How about that!

Pogo and I had a really nice day.  He feasted on his hamburger, and I made meat sauce and elbow macaroni for me.  Yum! Yum!  I made enough to share with a couple of the dwarfs who had no plans to go out.  However, I fell asleep and they did not get their macaroni.  Sigh, sigh...  This morning I made them each a bowl and took it out to them.  They can have it for lunch.

Between phone calls and text messages, I got to chat with all my kids, several nieces and nephews and a few friends.  After dinner, it was time to settle in for some serious TV shopping.  Again.  I know, I should have more restraint, but how could I resist all the wonderful bargains!! 

I've been racking my brain for one more thing for my DIL Janet, and late last night I finally found it on HSN.  Wowsie, now I could turn of the light and go to sleep.  I think I've about finished all of my shopping.  I'll soon know once everything gets here and can be put on my list and wrapped. 

Daughter Audrey is sick with a bad cold and had to spend Thanksgiving Day alone.  She was invited to a friend's house for dinner but she did not want to give her cold to anyone.  Instead, they sent over a big plate of dinner along with dessert for her.  Nice!

Deanne sent me a photo yesterday of her friend Pam's son Andrew.  He had the pleasure of meeting President Trump and his beautiful wife.  Awesome!  Andrew is second in from the left.


Granddaughter Shanna and her two sons, along with her mother, recently got back from a visit to Florida to spend some time with her two of her brothers.  This photo shows Trio (Gary III), Shanna and Stephen.  These are my son's three eldest children.


Folks, if you haven't already read Sean Dietrich's blog post today, be sure to stop by and read it.  It is so heart warming.  I try to start my every day by reading his blog post.  I'm hoping to someday meet Sean in person.  Wouldn't that be nice!

Lately, I've been working (very slowly) on the pink afghan.  I think I have about fourteen or fifteen more rows to go to finish it.  Unless I've miscounted, then make that close to thirty more rows.  Meanwhile I've put together a few patterns that I might try next.  I get these from various places, so if anyone is interested let me know and I'll try to find the links.


Now I'm off to finish my coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  After that, I want to spend some time working on some new quick pages.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hello you two! Hope your Thanksgiving was a real treat and you didn't get too cold, we finally warmed up and dried out some for the day with some steady increases of a degree or two each day. I spent with family and friends at the Hilton Hotel buffet and of course, ate way too much food! Thanks for all the lovely QPs and the fabulous newsy e-mails. Hope you and Pogo stay warm and enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Mat

Theresa said...

My packages are arriving daily and I hope to be finished soon:) The tree is up and needs some presents under it, wrapping will begin this week! Love the picture with our President and First Lady! Enjoy your day dear friend, stay warm!