Monday, November 12, 2018

Honoring Our Veterans

November 12, 2018

Good morning.  The sun is shining, but tis a bit nippy this morning.  Only 27F degrees!  Later today temps should rise to the low forties but for now it's just too nippy for me.  Supposedly, we have almost six more weeks of Autumn.  Temps like this feel like we're in for an early Winter. 

Yesterday, there were parades to honor our veterans.  Hopefully you all were able to join in the celebration in your home town.  Deanne and Eddie were downtown celebrating and the newspaper photographer took these photos.  I'm very proud of both of you.


 
Here are a couple photos that I took Saturday while we were out.  This first photo shows one of the decorations in our downtown area.
 
 
I love taking photos of our flag.  This one is in front of McDonalds, taken from inside my car.  I think it is just beautiful!
 
 
Yesterday was a really quiet day for me and Pogo.  I spent a little while learning how to use my new digital mouse pen.  It will take a little while to get used to it, but it is interesting.  Last night, I finished the gray afghan.  Later today I'll take a photo of it to share. 
 
Today I have to seriously start wrapping a few things.  I've set two things on my chair, so if I want to sit and rest I'll first have to wrap these things.  Hopefully this will get me in the mood.  Funny, when I was younger, the wrapping was so enjoyable for me.  Now it's not such fun anymore.  I love the shopping part, just not the wrapping part.
 
However, I'm off now to get that first item wrapped.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

LV said...

I AM THE OPPOSITE. DO NOT LIKE SHOPPING AND NOT GOOD AT WRAPPING. TRUST YOU SHINGLES ARE GETTING BETTER. MY POOR SISTER HAS HAD HERS A MONTH AND STILL NOT GOOD. TAKE CARE.

Theresa said...

I participated in a Veteran's Day program yesterday at my Granddaughter's school, it was awesome! I have been on-line shopping all morning and packages are beginning to arrive:) Wrapping will begin soon! Have a beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!