Monday, November 19, 2018

Seed Puffs On House Plants?

November 19, 2018

Good afternoon.  Tis a gray day with temps in the thirties.  Pogo and I met Cliff at Home Depot this morning and shopped for materials to put up gutters and downspouts.  It was a rather nice way to break up a really gray day.

So, how did my wrapping go yesterday?  Well, sort of okay.  Nothing got wrapped, but I brought everything out and piled it onto my sofa.  Then I set up large bags everywhere and started sorting things into bags.  As I went along, I would match everything to my list.  This kept me pretty busy until supper time. 

These bags everywhere have been getting in my way (and Pogo's).  So I guess the only way to get everything out of my living room is to wrap it all.  Yup, so that's what I plan on doing for the rest of today. 

Today I thought I would share photos of some of my plants.  It's blossom time here for my Christmas Cactus plants.  There are large buds on the fuschia plant and gorgeous light orchid blooms on the others. 


This is my Aloe Vera plant.  It started out rather tiny but now it is needing a much bigger pot. 


And this is my Purple Passion plant.  It started out as a tiny sprig from another plant, and now it is quite tall.  It's time to make a few cuttings and replant it into a bigger pot.  One strange thing I noticed lately is the seed puff balls that are growing at the very top of this plant.  I've never seen this before on a house plant.  I accidently knocked one of them off the plant.  Now I'm wondering what would happen if I planted it.  Hmmmm!



Well, I think I'll plant that fluff ball and if anything grows from it, I'll be sure to take some photos to share.

It's looking like we have rain coming.  Even the air is feeling a bit raw.  (outdoors)    Temps have climbed to forty one degrees.   Not bad!  I'm off now to do a bit of blog reading before I start wrapping.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

How did your wrapping go? I haven't even started getting gifts!
I would definitely plant that seed pod. It would be interesting to see what grows from it.

Theresa said...

My dining room floor is full of packages that have arrived, not a single wrapped gift YET! You are really motivating me to "get with it"! Love all of those plans and their seed puffs. You truly have a green thumb. Have a blessed and beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!