Friday, November 16, 2018

Our First Snow Of The Season

November 16, 2018

Good morning.  Oh my, what a sloppy mess it is outside in my yard right now.  It started snowing last night around supper time.  It wasn't really so bad, we just got a few inches.  However, not enough rain came when the snow stopped to clean it all out of my driveway.  Instead it left a squishy sloppy mess.  Here's a photo I took shortly after the snow started falling. 


Today is cloudy, but the temperature is up to forty one degrees.  Hopefully, this is going to help to get rid of this mess in my yard.  I am thankful that we did not get enough snow to use the snow blower because there are still a lot of leaves on the ground under this snow.  That means that we would not be able to use the snow blower anyway. 

While I was busy taking photos of the snow, my little man was just sitting on my lounge chair watching me.  Of course I had to take a few photos of him too.  What can I say?  This little guy steals my heart every time I look at him.  He is just too precious!


I guess I'll wait till this weekend to do my grocery shopping.  I don't relish going out in this mess.  Even though the main roads are dry, I'd still have to walk through the mess outside here.  Instead, I think I'll try wrapping again.  Every little package wrapped gets me a bit closer to my goal. 

My shingles are slowly fading away.  I have to say, I've been lucky with them.  Like I said before though, I think it's because I had last year's shingle shot and got to the doctor within twenty four hours of them showing up. 

Yesterday, while I was out in the house watering all my indoor plants, I noticed some new blooms on one of my Christmas Cactus plants.  These blossoms are a beautiful light orchid color.  Of course I had to take a few photos to share.   Aren't these pretty?



I've been working on the pink afghan these past couple of nights.  Just a couple rows at a time.  I have to keep stopping to give my left hand a rest.  The thumb keeps going numb, mostly because of carpal tunnel.  No biggie though, I just rest it a while then pick up my crocheting again. 

Now it's time for me to do a bit of blog reading before digging into my chores.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have an awesome weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.





4 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi Edna,
I do miss snow but I don't miss the slushy mess that comes later on.. Your Christmas cactus is beautiful!!.. I"m glad to hear your shingles are clearing up.. I hope you have a wonderful weekend Edna XO

LV said...

Glad we seldom get this kind of weather. Stay safe and warm.

Kathy said...

I have a Christmas cactus that hasn't bloomed in years. Here's hoping for this year. We got a lot more snow than you did. Fortunately it's almost all gone.

smiekeltje said...

Oh gosh, you already had some sn ow. Here it is also getting colder and i don;t like it!
of course you are proud of Deanne and Eddie, and the more they appeared in the newspaper. They were very brave to stay outside, because it looks as if temperature isn;t to great!
It is just the starting of the wrapping. Once you have all the things around you for it and you do a few, it is done quicker than you think.
I like the greay afghan, the colour combo is beautiful.
You are right to have a lot of ready made meals for yourself, they are very practical and if they taste good, why not have them?
Now i will jump over to my blog to make my post.
Have a lovely day and week, hopefully without any snow, It is beautiful for a little while, but then it makes such a sloppy mess.
Big hug, and stay warm in nice soft snuggle clothes!!
Kyra