Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Collecting More Wrinkles

November 6, 2018

Good morning.  We're starting out a bit foggy today.  I thought it was going to be raining most all day, but I guess the rain will be here later this afternoon.  The whole week's forecast has changed since yesterday.  Well, at least temps will be in the sixties for most of today.  That's a plus. 

I'm dealing with the shingles pretty good, but my hands aren't always cooperating.  Every now and then I find one of them touching the affected area for a little scratch or rub.  Then I have to run to the bathroom and wash my hands again.  If my hands weren't totally wrinkled before, they are now.  They seem to be getting washed quite frequently.

Yesterday, a friend came by and got my tractor ready for winter, then wrapped it all up in a huge tarp.  When he finished, he planted my new iris and tulip bulbs.  Weather permitting, he'll try to be back maybe tomorrow to help get my porch ready for the winter.  If not, then soon.

Lately, I've been working on the three afghans I've got going.  The gray one is more than three quarters done, the pink one is close to the half mark, and the yellow one is still in the beginning stages.  These will keep me busy most of the winter, I think. 

I  think I might pack my dish towel project in my suitcase and work on it when I go to Florida.  At least that's my thought now.  We'll have to wait and see.  These fun little projects seem to keep me going all through the year.  This is good though. 

As I browse the web, I find lots of cute and meaningful images.  I borrowed these two images to share here.  This first one tell us to make the most of what life has dealt us.  Make each day your best day so far.  There's no guarantee that tomorrow will be here.  So enjoy each day.  Turn your lemons into peaches.

 
This second image is so very important.  Because tomorrow is not guaranteed, take time today to let those around you know that you love them.  Spend time with them.  We're all here on loan.  We all lead such busy lives, but it's so important to make time to enjoy our loved ones. 


I think that's why it is so much fun to do something nice for other folks.  You make them smile, you brighten their day, and it might be the nicest thing that has happened to them in quite a while.  You never know.  And believe it or not, it puts a nice warm glow in your heart.  So go for it folks!  You'll be ever so glad you did!

Last night's dishes were only rinsed, then left in the sink.  So, I guess it's time for me to get busy and wash them.  I still have to decide on what Pogo and I will have for our supper later today.  If only he would eat doggie food, choices like this would be so simple. 

On that note I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

P.S.  Don't forget to get out and vote today!

2 comments:

LV said...

Edna, so sorry to hear you have the singles. Just got back from my sister in <Mississippi and she had them too. Hers were burning and hurting so bad. Not much you can do except something for pain. They have to run their course and that can be a long time. HANG IN AS THEY WILL GET BETTER.

Theresa said...

Oh those shingles:( Hope it gets better. I wash my hands a lot too. Keeps them dried out and in need of lotion. Sounds like you are checking things off your 'to do' list! Way to go, girl! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!