Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Busy Busy Day (Just Not The Right Busy!)

November 20, 2018

Good morning.  Tis a gray rainy day here in New England.  I meant to take a photo of the new gutter on my little porch, but I forgot.  As soon as this rain stops, I'll take a photo and let you know if this thing works.

So, how is my wrapping going?  Yup, yup!  And then I answered the phone.  After that, I went out to get the mail and bring it in.  Pogo was looking emaciated so I made him (and me) some lunch.  Then, of course, the phone rang again.  I found out that an order that I had placed a while ago to be shipped to Virginia had not arrived yet.  So, of course, now I had to track down that order.  It has been delayed, but it will arrive in time for Christmas.

Another item that I had ordered back in October still has not arrived yet so I had to make a call to track down that order.  It seems that the item was out of stock.  Hmm, I wonder why that company never notified me so that I could order something different? 

By then, Joe was home and I had to go out in the house with Pogo so that he could get his turkey treat.  Now I'm tired and I don't feel like cooking so I ordered steak and cheese with green peppers sub sandwiches.  Normally, Pogo loves these (not the bread of course) but this time he wouldn't even eat his.  Maybe because they took so long to get here that they were cold?

So, today is another day and I will try that wrapping stuff again.  First though, I'll do my morning blog reading, then I'll make Pogo and me something to eat.  Then I'll see show much mischief I can get into with the wrapping paper and stuff. 

Our house cat, Blackie, is rather adventurous and is always looking for new things and places to investigate.  Dwarf Mike takes care of Blackie so when he gets ready to go to bed at night, Blackie usually follows him to their room.  One night though, Blackie was no where to be found and he did not come when Dwarf Mike called him. 

Joe and Mike started searching the whole house looking for Blackie.  You'll never guess where they found him.  I keep an extra doggie bed (you never know when you'll need it).  It is stored on top of my big stand up freezer.  And yup, guess who was cuddled up in this little bed.  Peek A Boo!


I borrowed this fun little story from the web.  Here's hoping it starts your day with a giggle. 


I'm off now to get busy here.  If I wait much longer, the phone might ring or someone might come to my door.  Better if I get started now on all those bags.  Before I go, I have one more thing to share that I borrowed from the web.  It gave me quite a smile because Pogo and I are having hamburgers (Pogo) and pasta with meat sauce (me).  I think I'll make a key lime pie for dessert.


So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh, Edna, your day sounds like mine. I start out with good intentions of getting things done and then life gets in the way. I am busy but as you said just not the right busy. Your Blackie is a beautiful cat. I love black cats and have had two of them. Your jokes at the end gave me a chuckle. Especially the turkey. I'd be out of there too. Have a great day!