Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Sunshine, After The Storm

April 14, 2020

Good morning.  Today is looking quite lovely after a turbulent yesterday.  We had heavy rain and wicked winds till around nine o'clock last night.  Then things calmed down.  Today the sun is shining and temps will get up into the fifties. 

Yesterday, I finally opened the candy bar and saw that it was divided into eight sections.  So I ate two of them and wrapped it back up.  It was delicious.  I just might eat two more of them today.  Yum!  Thank you, everyone, for the great suggestions.

Well, I promised to talk about the programs I've been watching lately.  I have Amazon Prime, and a couple days ago I decided to see if they had anything interesting that I might want to watch.   Boy oh boy, did they ever! 

I found a great movie to watch, The Dressmaker.  After that, I watched the Liberace "Christmas and Mothers' Day specials."  It sure brought back a lot of wonderful memories.  Liberace and his brother George made beautiful music.  (photos taken off laptop screen with phone camera)



After that, I watched the whole first season of Columbo.  Yesterday I went back for more great TV and watched almost all of the first season of "NYPD Blue."  I really enjoyed this although I had forgotten about all the nude scenes.  It was good to be able to watch the program again. 

So, I guess if anyone has Amazon Prime, do yourself a favor and find something wonderful to watch while you're having to spend so much time at home.  When I finish a few things here today, I'm going to watch some more NYPD Blue. 

I just put my new plants out on the porch and brought in the mail.  Isn't it amazing how all the bills keep coming in even though these companies know that most folks have no job right now?  It really doesn't take much of a brain to realize that these companies could all afford to forgive these bills for a couple of month so that folks could focus on feeding their families and keeping them safe right now.

All us little people are doing what we can to help each other while big business helps itself.  It just doesn't change, does it.  Thank goodness that at least we are all here for each other. 

Before I leave, let me remind all of you to be kind to all animals.  Especially in tough times like this.  They need us and we need them.  Here's a beautiful image I borrowed from the web to share.


How true this is!  Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Uh-oh I had you eating the whole candy bar, hahaha! We are having a sunshiny day here and for that I'll be thankful! I need to find some shows to watch to keep my mind busy! I love Columbo and used to watch it all the time. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

We have Amazon Prime, and I agree -- lots of interesting shows. I'm not sure we have the same selection you do, though. I think Prime in the UK is different from Prime in the USA.

Good for you for making that candy bar last!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Aw...sweet post. Love those wingless angels. Jeremy and phamily gave us some delicious chocolate dipped strawberries for Easter. Oh yum...enjoying them so much. We watch all the old shows especially Westerns. Love them all and we have some Columbo DVD's my hubby s brother left here. Good to see you here. Have a great week and stay healthy! Virtual hugs across the miles.

The Queen Jester said...

You have more self control than I do. I'd have eaten the whole thing in one sitting. I just started blogging again because I finally have the time to do it. Things were pretty crazy for a while with all the volunteer work I was doing. I'm loving this "stay at home" order, it's perfect for an introvert like me and I'm relishing the time to do whatever I want...or nothing at all. I've done more jigsaw puzzles in the last two weeks than I have in the last several years. It's good to be back in the blogger world. I thought it might be good to have a record of life during the pandemic.

smiekeltje said...

You were so good, only took two sections of it! You truly deserve the rest of it today LOL!
It's nice ou have something to watch on tv that you like through that Amazon Prime.
Slowly here on tv they also gice some old programmes back, they aren;t so good in films, pity. But for that we go to another channel, lucky we have lots of them.
Today I did a bit of gardenwork, it felt quite good.
A laundry is done to so I guess I can have some : free time "now, hahah.
Have a lovely day, lots of hugs
Kyra